Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favourite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
* Stats are so much better, we don’t even know where to start. Both the UI and back end are totally revamped! Data is cached, so loading stats is way faster and you can see them even when you’re offline! Individual stats have deeper levels of detail for you to explore! Date selectors let you specify the exact periods you want to see! Is it dorky to be this excited about stats? Who cares!
* The block editor keeps getting better. It’s got clearer messaging when you try to put invalid content into a block, and we patched up a problem with link settings that caused “Open in New Tab” to always be off.
* To infinity and beyond: We removed the limit on the number of photos you can share to WordPress from other apps.
* If you write a comment and wander off while it uploads, you now get a clearer message when it successfully posts, or more detailed information if it fails.
* In Account Settings, your Primary Site now displays the site domain if the site has no name. (Takes the pressure off having to think of The Perfect Name immediately. It’ll come to you!)
* Wondering about the code the powers the app? We’ve added acknowledgements for all the third-party code libraries we use — you can find them in your settings.
* We fixed a crash that could happen when setting up your blog, so now you can actually, y’know, set it up.
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks to Wordpress my website is now starting to look in top shape. As someone who doesn't understand coding at a there are lots of limitations. However, the Wordpress online chat is one of the best support systems I've ever come across. Always helpful. Always there to advice and also very friendly. Obviously when you're dealing with codes things can be quite hard, yet Wordpress help you every step of the way. Can't express how grateful I am .
App just gets worse!
Update: every time I upload a photo into a post on my iPad pro then go to edit the post on a computer all the images have moved from the center to the left hand side-incredibly frustrating when you have several pictures in a post, I have to make sure all the pictures are in the post before I move them to the center so adding a picture later is now impossible!!
I frequently use this app to quickly update my posts or reply to comments, I can't fault the comments but trying to access the correct post is a nightmare. I have almost 300 posts but when I search for the one I need it never finds anything, so I have to scroll through the whole list (with the unnecessarily large pictures so it takes longer) to find the one I want. Maybe we could have a month posted button so we can find a post that we need from the month it was posted?
And when I finally get to update I usually have to add pictures which since updating has become another problem, I can add a picture then the bar to add another disappears so I have to save and go back (and refind the post because it always goes right back to the top)
So much hassle!!
Problems with iPads?
I love Wordpress, that is I love Wordpress once I get going with it. Setting up using an iPad is the most frustrating, hair-pulling, scream making process. It crashes, it stalls, it loses stuff. But.......... once you’ve got it mastered (providing that you haven’t used your iPad as a frisbee in frustration) it’s great to r regularly blog on. It could just be it doesn’t like iPads? It could just be it doesn’t like me? I keep going back to try to later the set-up and manage to do a little bit at a time but more than that can cause me some mental health issues!!!!
- Automattic, Inc.
- 121.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.