Postinfo - Department Posts iOS Mobile Application
Postinfo, the citizen centric iOS Mobile application of Department of Posts,India developed by Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology .The app provides the following facilities;
2) Post office search
3) Postage Calculator
4) Insurance premium calculator
5) Interest calculator
Brief description of each facility is given below;
The tracking facility is made available on this mobile app for the following types of mail items.
• Speed Post • Registered Letter • Insured Letter
• Value Payable Letter • Insured Value Payable Letter • Registered Packets
• Registered Periodicals • Registered Parcel • Insured Parcel
• Value Payable Parcel • Insured Value Payable Parcel • Business Parcel
• Business Parcel COD • Express Parcel • Express Parcel COD
• Electronic Money Order (e-MO)
POST OFFICE SEARCH:
By entering the Pin code of the office the users can get a list of matching Post offices. By clicking again on the row the user gets the details like Name of Post office, Street address (location), contact details of the Post office (where ever available) for the selected Post office. The name of the Division and contact details.
The app will calculate the Postage (tariff) based on the weight entered by the user for the following items..
• Ordinary letter • Speed post Domestic *
• Registered letter • Ordinary Parcel
• Registered Parcel • Registered book packet
• Registered book packet containing Printed books • Ordinary Registered book packet
• Ordinary book packet containing Printed books • Book packet containing periodicals
• Book packet containing Registered News papers
• *Domestic Speed Post Tariff depends on distance between place of origin and destination.
• Based on tariff there are 5 slabs of tariff viz. local, up to 200 KM, 201 to 1000 KM, and 1001 to 2000KM and above 2000KM. The calculator shows the tariff for all categories)
The Department is offering various types of Life Insurance Policies through Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance. The users can check the premium payable for all the eligible types of Postal /Rural Postal Life insurance Policies on the basis of the input entered.
Post office is offering different types of Small Savings Schemes as mentioned below:
• Sukanya Samriddhi yojaana • Recurring Deposit
• Time Deposit (1 year, 2 year, 3 year and 5 year) • Monthly Income Scheme
• Senior Citizen Savings Scheme • National Savings Certificate
• Kisan Vikas Patra
App Design is now compatible with iPad.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excited to See
Long time of waiting for this App in iOs.
In premium Calculator,for calculating age Calender icon is missing by using this method some short collection may be occur so kindly plz update this bug in coming update. Anyway happy to use Postinfo in Apple phone. So I gave 5🌟
Thanks to India Post
I was waiting for a Long fir release of Official Indiapost Info App for iOS Devices. I request India Post also to release other important App on iOS Platform.
OTP is not getting sent to mobile
Waste of time. Fix your app
Update re developer reply: obviously OTP is not sent within the app. There was a very long delay (2 hours) between filling out the information in the app, and receiving the OTP text. No other app that requires OTP that we use has this issue, before you blame it on the mobile service provider
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Department of Posts
- 57.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Department of Posts
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.