SBI Secure OTP is an OTP generation App for verifying or authenticating online banking transactions done through SBI Internet Banking and Yono Lite SBI App.
Customer can generate Online OTP through this app with Internet connection.
One time registration with your INB credentials is required for using the App. Service provider independent, hassle free OTP service is now available to you.
- Download and open SBI Secure OTP app, enter username and select SIM 1 or SIM 2 to register SBI Secure OTP application. No SIM selection required in case of single SIM. User should have SIM Card to send out the messages.
- A message will be shown on the screen regarding sending an SMS from the device for validating mobile number.
- Click on ‘Proceed’ button and an SMS containing a unique code will be sent from the device to a pre-defined Number. Kindly note that for sending the SMS standard SMS charges are applicable as per your SMS plan.
- Enter password and click on ‘Proceed’. Accept the Terms & Conditions for registration by selecting the check box and click ‘Ok’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received and after OTP validation, user will be asked to set the MPIN for SBI Secure OTP app.
- After that an activation code will be sent to the registered mobile number. This activation code is valid for 10 minutes.
- User has to complete the activation by login to OnlineSBI.
Activation Process at OnlineSBI:
- Login to OnlineSBI, go to profile section and click on Activate Secure OTP link.
- Enter the activation code received.
- User registration to SecureOTP app will be completed after successful validation of activation code.
- Please note that mode of OTP authentication for Internet Banking/Yono Lite will changed to State Bank Secure OTP. User will no longer receive OTP over SMS.
- Login to SBI Secure OTP application using MPIN.
Note: Ensure the same SIM is in place for sending the registration SMS and completing the registration.
Reference URL for demo video of registration process:
Ratings and Reviews
Such a bad online app
I am an NRI and totally dependent on online mobile banking system for handling my Indian bankong needs. One thing for sure, totally disappointed with the way indian mobile banking apps designed, no user friendly interface, old fashioned look and feel. We use foreign bank's online systems daily and those are designed in an amazing user friendly way. Ofcourse those are also designed by Indians only..But unfortunately Indian banks are still stuck in those old days. For now i am unable to register in this app and am stuck without any option to transfer funds or payments. Someone pls seriously look into these matters.
Unable to register
After sending an SMS from the device for validating mobile number I get an error message "We are unable to process your request. Please try after sometime". In spite of complaint to the bank branch office no resolution yet. SBI has already discontinued the previous method of OTP delivered to phone for fund transfer. At the end, currently no facility is available to transfer fund through internet banking. Poorly managed transition and underrated application.
Waste of time
This app is a total crap. I spent almost ₹335 on SMS services, because I’m trying to activate this app from overseas. When finally I was able to activate the app and after completion of all activation procedures from Internet banking and came back to this app for login. It said wrong MPIN. Like seriously????
5 min ago I entered the MPIN and now wrong pin and boom. Unexpected error and this app is no more able to use for OTP. Like why the huck have you created this app for ?
Developer Response ,
Dear Customer, We deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Request you to please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org about the issues you are facing along with your registered mobile no and the screenshot of the error message, if any, while using SBI Secure OTP application for better assistance. SBI Mobility Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- State Bank of India
- 25 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © State Bank of India