With Astro GO, you can now stream the entertainment you love, be it LIVE sports, latest dramas and blockbuster movies – anytime, anywhere. Download the app and link your Astro account to watch your videos on demand and Astro Channels.
- Stream over 50,000 videos on demand by catching up on the latest series, binge-watch past seasons or explore Movies, Kids and Sports - you'll never miss out on the biggest global and local live events.
-The more you watch, the better recommendations you will get.
- With our enhanced search feature, you can easily find the shows that you want by title, actors and even directors.
- Cloud Recording – Record all the programmes you want 7 days in advance at the same time with free storage up to 200 hours.
- Restart – Rewind to scenes you’ve missed while watching programmes on your favourite channel.
- Share it with your family - Stream up to four (4) devices simultaneously with one Astro account.
Download and Link your Astro account now!
*Please note that Astro GO can only be used in Malaysia. The entitlements available on Astro GO are based on your subscription.
Improvements and fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall, Astro Go/Ultrabox works as it should be to broadcast it’s shows.
However, the interface is not as user friendly as it claim (Especially the Watchlist & My Library)
Why do we have a watchlist at the first place? Because it saves our time to look for the show that we bookmark! But in Astro Go/Ultrabox, why do I need to go through so many thing to browse my watchlist?? Shouldn’t watchlist should stay in “My Library” tab instead? Worse is, some of the show in my Watchlist started to go missing by itself.
The “My Library” tab is simply messy with the show “I already recorded” and the show that “I am going to record”, simply too many options and causing so much confusion. Can’t we have the LIST FORM in “My Library” like what Astro Beyond looks like?
On the Astro Go app, the classic Reverse, Play, Pause, Fast Forward functions are easy to use, but for the Ultrabox, it is a FREAKING NIGHTMARE!!! And WORSE, Ultrabox actually CRASHED very often when I was trying to use fast forward function while watching show!
Really need Astro to fix the interface ASAP!!! And give me a proper “My Library” and “ Watchlist”!
Developer Response ,
Thank you!Hello, can you tell us more detail about the issue at https://twitter.com/astroonline? It will be very helpful for us to investigate and fix it. Thank you!
App can be better
I noticed there is no feature to adjust the aspect ratio from 4:3 letterbox to 16:9 widescreen. In your FAQ (see 19), Astro GO uses “adaptive streaming”, but I suggest you include a feature where the user can choose to enable this or not, and choose a specific streaming quality. Instead of going to the channel page, it can be changed to do directly to the channel.
I personally don’t like the fade animation he whenever I switch tabs, instead I prefer a cut animation. Instead of channel-specific category tabs, please standardise them into one “channel tab”.
In my opinion, your competitor’s user interface looks better and smoother. Hopefully you can make it look and function more like theirs. Lastly, the app seems to be a bit slower, especially with subtitles enabled.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your support :)
Convenient but buggy
It comes with convenience but I notice some bugs have been around for a long time without being fixed
1) app can get stuck playing a program without updating subtitles
2) can continue to run despite exiting - cache issue?
3) search function can be improved. Does not catch properly
suggestion - interface feels cluttered and too much scrolling needed - possible to have text only menu without so many pictures?
Developer Response ,
Hi. We are always looking to improve the experience for our users and we appreciate the feedback and suggestion given.Our team is constantly working on to give a better service.Your feedback has been forwarded to the concerned department for their attention. Thanks!
- MEASAT BROADCAST NETWORK SYSTEMS SDN. BHD.
- 131.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems SDN. BHD.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.