Create, edit, and collaborate on online documents with the Google Docs app.
Work together in real time
• Share documents with your team
• Edit, comment, and add action items in real time
• Never lose changes or previous versions of your document with version history
Create anywhere, anytime—even offline
• Capture spontaneous ideas on the fly
• Get things done, even on the go, with offline mode
• Save time and add polish with easy-to-use templates
Search Google right in Docs
• Use Google Search without leaving your document
• Search the web and your files in Drive, right from Docs
Edit and share multiple file types
• Open a variety of files, including Microsoft Word files, right in Google Docs
• Frictionless collaboration, no matter which application your teammates use
• Convert and export files seamlessly
Google Docs is part of Google Workspace: where teams of any size can chat, create, and collaborate.
Google Workspace subscribers have access to additional Google Docs features, including:
• Working in a single document with teammates or people outside your company. See edits as others type, communicate through built-in chat, and leave feedback through comments and suggestions
• Importing your documents to make them instantly editable, including Microsoft® Word and PDF files. Export your work in .docx, .pdf, .odt, .rtf, .txt or .html format
• Unlimited version history. Track changes made to your documents and undo anything you choose.
• Working across devices, with or without Internet
Camera: This is used to take photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really like google docs. I treat it like an online notebook that I use to create my study notes because I can easily edit them back anytime, as compared to jotting them down on note books (plus, my handwritings are unreliable). But it gets a bit frustrating when I need to access the notes during urgent times (like when prof suddenly pops a question and you remember writing down the details in your notes). It takes too long a time to load, in my opinion. And when I want to change my view settings, sometimes it lags, freezes and stops functioning all together.
Maybe improvements to make this app’s functionings more smoother can be considered. That’d be great.
Next, I think it would be great if a reading mode can be created. Like for instance in cases where you just want to view a document without making any adjustments or unintentionally clicking on the notes and all together destroying the contents or so. A reading mode option would be really helpful.
Google Docs Review
This app is incredibly helpful until you can’t live without it.
It is best document app I have ever used. The best part of this app is that this app automatically saves any changes and there is no such thing as having to press the save button again and again. - Zhang En, 14 years old.
A lot of room for improvement
Google docs in general is great! but there are great discrepancies in what we get on a computer and on an ipad. Apple and google need to work together to iron out this issue if they really want to market the ipad as a replacement for a laptop.
It's completely ridiculous that i can't crop an image on the ipad os or ios version of google docs. Making tables are a nightmare compared to word and pages.
There is a lot of work that should be done, and the funny thing is, it would be pretty straight forward for google and apple software engineers and developers to give the consumers this. I just can't understand the reason for keeping the deficiency between the web version and mobile/ipad versions.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 185 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.