Ally Banking & Investing
Save, invest, and manage money
Making your financial life simple and secure has always been our thing. Easily manage your bank, credit card, invest, and home loan accounts on the go—all in one mobile banking app.
Bank with us to:
• Save faster with smart savings tools: buckets and boosters
• Set aside money for recurring expenses with spending buckets
• Stress less with no overdraft fees
• Transfer money, pay bills, or use Zelle® to pay anyone with a U.S. bank account
• Deposit checks from your phone with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
• Find 43,000+ no-fee Allpoint ATMs: we reimburse up to $10 per statement cycle for fees charged at other ATMs nationwide
• Keep tabs on your debit card usage with card controls
• Manage CD interest disbursement and maturity options
• View and send secure messages, or chat with us 24/7 using Ally Messenger
Keep up with your credit card:
• Make secure credit card payments, review credit statements, and check your FICO score for free
• Ally Mastercard credit cards available by invitation only
Three ways to invest with us:
• Our intelligent tools do the heavy lifting to manage and monitor your investments
• Invest free of advisory fees with our cash-enhanced portfolio, or invest more of your money in the market with a market-focused portfolio (available for a fee)
• Automate your investing with one of our four portfolio strategies
• Trade commission-free on eligible U.S. stocks, options, and ETFs
• Filter and find exchange-traded funds with our ETF screener
• Use advanced charting tools for technical analysis
• Receive ongoing guidance from one dedicated advisor for all your assets – even ones we don’t manage
• Link and track financial accounts outside of Ally for a 360° view of your finances
• View and monitor your net worth, investment exposure, and performance
• Start with a $100,000 minimum in assets under care (funds with us)
If your mortgage is serviced by us:
• Track your progress towards paying off your home loan with real-time updates
• View account details, upcoming statements, and past transactions
• Use Autopay to set up recurring payments with no additional payment fees
• Schedule additional principal-only payments at any time
We’re serious about security
• We never store personal or account information on your phone
• Our security codes provide extra protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
• Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee protects you against fraudulent transactions
• Ally Mobile is free – your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply
• Compatible with iOS 15.0 or higher
• Deposit and mortgage products are offered by Ally Bank, Member FDIC; Equal Housing Lender [house logo], NMLS ID 181005
• Securities offered through Ally Invest Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
• Advisory products and services are offered through Ally Invest Advisors Inc., a registered investment adviser
• Securities are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, and MAY LOSE VALUE
• You may not be approved for real-time quotes
• Savings buckets and boosters are features of the Ally Bank Savings Account. Spending buckets are a feature of the Ally Bank Spending Account
Easily add your Ally deposit accounts to pay for your Credit Card.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and easy to bank with!
I love their live chat option! It’s probably my favorite thing about banking with Ally. They are good about answering calls, too, but if you’re trying to multitask I find the chat more convenient so that in public places other ppl aren’t over hearing your conversation. It’s really easy to deposit checks and I find their app to be pretty reliable. I can’t even recall the app crashing on me more than once, and I’ve had it for many years! Unlike other bank apps I’ve used that have bn a complete nightmare. I really wish they offered business banking bc I have not bn able to find a bank that is as convenient to bank with and has a banking app as good as Ally’s. Another cool feature is you can see your total balance for all accounts on the home page, and your individual balances are listed next to each account. I know this is something my husband really wished his previous bank app had. Also, you can transfer money from one account to another via the app and the amount is available straight away! Overall, I highly recommend this bank and it’s app.
Great service, but the app is bad.
I’ve used a couple of other online banking and investing apps, as well as other financial apps such as those for credit cards or loan accounts. When compared to those apps,I have found ally’s has been underwhelming, confusing, and frustrating at times. For rhe most part, I had found the user interfaces for the other apps very intuitive, easy to navigate, and have small and seemingly insignificant features that are taken for granted until you use an app that doesn’t have them. Such features include buying fractional shares of securities, without which investing in companies such as Berkshire Hathaway (stock currently valued around $450,000/share) becomes impossible to the common investor. Another capability missing from the app is the ability to manage external accounts used to fund your ally accounts - instead, there is a message that says to visit their website to manage your accounts, and while they provide the URL of the website, they could easily provide a link within that message that would take you directly to the site instead of having users exit the app, navigate to their web browser, and then manually enter the URL.
Despite how I feel about the app itself, I enjoy ally’s services. This is the only reason that I am leaving this review, in hopes that it will be viewed by the powers that be within the ally organization and that they will take action to overhaul the app.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we'll be sure to pass this message along to our team so your feedback is heard. For immediate assistance, please give us a call at 1-855-880-2559.
Used to be great, lately not so much
This app and bank used to be great. At some point in 2022 the app and bank started having issues. The most egregious problem I have had is, after signing in the app say “you have no accounts at Ally bank “. Depending on the situation this can be terrifying. Luckily closing the app and trying again later has brought back my accounts. No exactly confidence inspiring. Often Face ID fails to work. Sometimes it fails to invoke a Face ID check forcing me to hit the Face ID button. Sometimes it performs the Face ID verification but never unlocks the app. Fortunately this can also usually be fixed by closing the app, waiting a while and trying again. When. I can actually get it to authenticate the apps responsiveness is painfully slow. The account screen can take a long time to populate data. I have seen this behavior on my iPhone 13 pro when on excellent WiFi or cellular networks. This also happens on my iPad Pro and my wife’s iPhone. On all these devices we access other services and financial institutions without issue. I suspect that Ally made a change to their back office servers that is causing these problems but that is just speculation. I have lost trust in Ally after being a customer for many years. I opened up another account at a local account because I wasn’t comfortable having the bulk of my assets at Ally any more. This used to be a great bank. I hope they fix their issues.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ally Financial Inc.
- 199.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2023 Ally Bank, Member FDIC