With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
To make our app better for you, we make ongoing updates to improve your experience. Thanks for choosing American Airlines.
· Our app now supports Siri Shortcuts. Ask Siri for a flight update and get the right information at the right time. Flight details, driving directions, and more are just a question away.
· See all your flight notifications from the last 24 hours in one place in the new ‘Notifications’ center.
· You can now use your American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to book award travel on American or one of our partner airlines directly from our app
Ratings and Reviews
I’m nearly frustrated enough to throw this out the window... all because of a crummy user interface.
I tried to reset my unrecognized password but the site wouldn’t acknowledge the answers to my security questions. I know that I entered the correct answers but since Siri added a blank space after each of my answers, their site assumed that I had an incorrect answer. Strike One!
Then when the person in the customer service department helped me figure out my error, I created a “new” password. (New isn’t exactly correct as I simply recycled my previous PW). The app wouldn’t let me login as it said I had a password error. Apparently I didn’t think to use the full assortment of uppercase, lowercase and numbers. But it appeared to work when I originally created it. Strike Two!
After fixing the uppercase/lowercase issue, I still couldn’t get in. This time it was because I had miscounted the number of characters. Again, their site appeared to change my password but wouldn’t accept it when I tried to login. Strike Three! Don’t these programmers try to imagine what it’s like for a human being to try to use their app? Except for the UI, this is otherwise a mediocre app. I only have it so I can have my boarding pass on my phone.
Best US Airline App to Me
Of all the airlines I fly in the US and even abroad, the American app is the best to me. It rarely glitches on my device. I am able to book paid and award tickets. Check-in, change seats, request upgrades, and navigate the airport. The airport maps help when I have to quickly make a connection but need to coordinate a quick food or rest stop before deplaning. Push notifications work well and the travel advisories on the home screen have helped me with rebooking/cancelling travel on more than one occasion.
I would like to see the upgrade list view come available sooner than like 2 hours before departure and have the ability to download airport maps to my device. Sometimes when traveling internationally my data signal is not great so I can’t view the airport apps unless on WiFi.
Also, when using the onboard entertainment feature you have to have the app plus it opens a window or two in safari to bring the entertainment up. I wish the app could coordinate all the flow of the entertainment more smoothly.
The app is great
I read through the reviews and took issue with most of them. People qualify themselves as frequent fliers and then mention that this app is dysfunctional...as an Executive Platinum member (i.e.- I fly), I find this app highly capable.
I find it useful in every way that I need it to be. I’m able to book revenue and award tickets, I’m able to select my seats, and when my upgrade processes I’m able to recheck my seat in the new cabin. I’m able to check-in and I find the app to be very useful in receiving flight updates. My company uses concur, and the moment my flight is reserved in concur it shows up in the app. I’m able to understand if my flight may be impacted based on the app-provided “inbound” flight, and I’m able to live-track my baggage in the event that I check bags.
I’m not sure what people expect from an app, but in reading the reviews it seems that people are hoping that the app somehow will solve all of their travel nightmares, but I’m afraid those are classic weather, mechanical, and customer service issues.
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 251.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.