Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
You’ve been asking…and we delivered! You are now able to view how you’re tracking toward your next Premier status in the app. Check out the My Account page and see how you’re doing. Other enhancements include:
• Adding/editing your day-of-travel contact data within My Trips
• Visibility into the number of people viewing the same flight(s) you’re shopping (so you don’t miss out!)
• Ability to add emergency contact information in My Trips for an unaccompanied minor trip
Ratings and Reviews
United excelled when Expedia failed!
We booked through Expedia. After Expedia changed our flight time twice we managed to miss our flight by 10 minutes thinking we were two hours early. After spending over two hours on the phone with Expedia they originally planned to rebook our $640 flight for an additional $1500 but then said we would have to wait until tomorrow because the last seats were just sold. We were upset because we found one way tickets while we were on hold for $400 but they said we could not book them because they would cancel our return trip without refund if we did because we did not make our original flight. As a last ditch effort we stopped by the United desk. The lovely woman who assisted us was receptive to our situation and found a flight at another airport. She said there would be NO charge to get us on that flight in two hours and was helpful in advising us to take a shuttle that runs between the two airports. That enabled us to retain our round trip flight and return to the airport that we parked at. So United got us taken care of for a $72 shuttle and same day flight when Expedia was completely unhelpful and inefficient. Thank you to the staff at United BWI!
2 hour Flight delayed out of MCO to IAH. Landed in IAH with 20 mins to catch connecting flight. Had to SPRINT to the gate and guess what...they close the doors right when I get there. Now wouldn't they hold the flight for an additional mins to
wait? United doesn't seem to have a problem delaying their flights but they cant make a reasonable request to hold a connection when the plane has landed with time to give the passenger some time to get to the plane? We landed in terminal c and I had to run to terminal e. I made it but was denied. The two employees working the gate did not care and did not offer any comfort or explanation. They just said to go to customer service as they were on their cell phones. In the meantime I had to walk a country mile to customer service where there was a line. Luckily there was a couple in front of me they ran into the issue and just happened to look at their mobile app to see that they had already been rebooked. So I did the same and luckily I was. Now why didnt the crew from MCO tell us this? Why didnt the two other gals working the gate at IAH tell us that? Poor customer service! I travel quite a bit and will avoid flying United. Unhappy customer, Robert Ortega
Worst airline app ever
Have tried to add reservation multiple times ... keeps disappearing. On first opportunity I said “don’t add to travel wallet” - as it’s my first time using the app and I had no idea what the travel while was. I thought they might be referring to Apple wallet, which I’ve had bad experience with in the past, and so do not use for flight information. Ever since then, no matter what I do, turn travel wallet saving on off etc., whenever I add that reservation, it appears for short time on home screen then disappears.
If an app can’t manage my reservations - no other features really matter. Recommend that they study behavior of Alaska Airlines app - that is a really really good airline app!! Also adding more u-ex designers who have empathy for “the common person” and can conduct usability research would go a long way.
Next I clicked on the “support” link in the App Store - so I could report this bug so they could fix it ... and I was taken to a marketing page telling me about the app’s features ... a non mobile optimized page ... hard to read on my phone :-) ... with no place to report a bug. I’m sure United does not mean to convey the message that their marketing materials are a higher priority than receiving customer feedback about bugs ... but the current approach is in danger of customers receiving that message ...
- United Air Lines
- 192.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.