AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy & paste them from another source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for Mac & AnyList for the Web. Use AnyList on your Mac or PC.
• AnyList for Apple Watch. Quickly access your lists on your wrist.
• Recipe Web Import. Save recipes you find on the web to AnyList
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals and shopping for the coming week.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• Recipe Scaling. Quickly scale ingredient quantities up or down.
• Item Prices. Stick to your budget by adding prices to items.
• Stores & Filters. Assign items to stores and quickly filter your list by store.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• Location-Based Reminders. Get reminders when near a store or other location.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
AnyList v5.15.4 fixes minor bugs.
AnyList v5.15.3 fixed minor bugs.
AnyList v5.15.2 removed the Facebook SDK from the app.
AnyList v5.15.1 added the ability to edit the quantity and package size of ingredients in your shopping list.
AnyList v5.15 added the ability to move and reorder entries in the meal planning calendar via drag & drop. Just press and hold on a recipe or note and drag it to the desired date. In bulk edit mode, you can select multiple entries and then drag all of them at once.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Versatile, reliable, very helpful, user friendly
This is a terrific app. Although the free version is useful and worth trying, I liked it so much and found it so helpful that I splurged on the yearly plan. I’m not thrilled I have to pay yearly and would prefer to just pay a one time fee that is higher, but if it continues to be as helpful as it is and as reliable and glitch free as it has been so far, I will likely continue getting. The list maker is fine and similar to others. But I also like that I can share simple lists with my family even with the free version. What I really love is the recipe section. I have been uploading many of my favorite recipes which can be easily categorized. Then I just as easily send them to the meal planner section and quickly and easily add items from the recipe to my grocery list. It is quickly becoming such an integral part of my day that my only worry is the developers will tire of it and then I will be lost. Hopefully that won’t happen for a long time anyway. I would definitely recommend. Try the free version, and don’t be afraid of the upgrade. FYI: As of now they said they will not automatically upgrade. They will send out a reminder email so you can decide to upgrade or not. And if you decide not to, whatever recipes you have already uploaded will remain on your app even if you go back to the free version. Maybe that will help you decide if you are commitment phobic. It’s a really nice, user friendly app.
LOVE THIS APP!
If I wrote how I really feel about this app, it would be as long as a thesis! I am so glad I found this. It does what I need. I shop different places for different things and like that I can assign items to a specific store... and shop the list of each specific store. The recipe import... fantastic! I no longer have to save bookmarks, print, screen shot. And if you can’t import from a site, it takes MINIMAL time to copy/paste. $10 annually is a bargain in my opinion. I didn’t even try it first. I THOROUGHLY read about the app and features and just went ahead and purchased. One review I read also helped convince to just go ahead and buy it. Many of those giving one star, in my opinion, did not take the time to thoroughly read.
You all gave details about yourselves, in-depth answers to possible questions, easy to follow instructions... this has got to be the best app I’ve used. It works exactly as mentioned. I love that I have an account in case I get a new device. I love that you don’t automatically bill from an account (another thing that sold me). I love that if I were to decide not to renew, I won’t lose everything I’ve done on the app. I’ve raved about this to my sister. I also love that you can create different lists. I don’t/won’t have to flip pages if I want to keep my lists separate and won’t have everything all commingled together. I plan on using this app for a LONG LONG time!
Absolutely amazing app
I've been using the free version for two years and my husband has it on his phone also. Whenever I put something on the grocery list on my phone or iPad, it also is on his phone and he can see it when he goes to the store.
I purchased another recipe program for my PC two years ago and they kept raising the price every year, ($80), it has gotten so steep I could not afford it. Then I remembered this little app has a recipe file...and more. I figured for the money what did I have to lose so I bought the family plan, OH MY GOODNESS! It is amazingly easy and so full featured. I'm telling everyone I know. My only suggestion to the developer is that I want to send my recipes to an online site, Lulu I think it is, to print out recipe books for my children and grandchildren for Christmas next year. I'd like to see that featured added, if it is there, I have not seen it.. For me, one of the best apps I've purchased, and I purchase very few apps. I can also see my recipes on my tablet with this app.
It is so convenient, at the store when I remember I want to make something for dinner and I can't remember all the ingredients, my recipes are on my phone, I open the app, find the recipe and the list of ingredients are there. I can also add ingredients to my shopping list when in a recipe. You will love it.
- Purple Cover, Inc.
- 38.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Purple Cover, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription $9.99
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Family Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.