Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Make quick videos
• Create videos in real time with simple controls—no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, and add them from your library
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
Amazing effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with your favorite Animoji and the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you in immersive, 360-degree environments and let you choose from 20 unique locations including a monster laboratory, outer space, and even the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars**
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Complete your video with captions and music
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips projects
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites using Share extensions
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes, Animoji, and Memoji require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Record clips as your favorite Animoji including unicorn, owl, dragon, and more
• Create videos featuring the same Memoji that you make in Messages
• Apply filters to stylize your Animoji and Memoji with watercolor, monochrome, and comic book looks
• Track any sticker, text, or emoji to your face and watch it follow your movements across the screen
• Choose from seven new animated stickers featuring classic illustrations of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
• Add the animated Let It Snow poster to your winter videos
• Includes performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app but with Instagram Stories and Snapchat constantly updating their stickers to reflect the season, I’m worried Clips will get lose in the shuffle. For instance, I want to make a Christmas themed movie, but only Summer is listed under the occasions. You would think Fall/Winter would be a no brainer.
It’s a shame because this app has so much potential, but there’s more content available on the other platforms, so I generally just import a video on one of the other two, add all my filters, stickers, text, etc. and just save it to my camera roll. By doing that, Clips just becomes a way to merge the videos, rather than edit them within the app. There are cool options, but with the right additions and more updates, things won’t get stale so fast. Would love to see them fix this, as it seems many users are begging for the same content.
Love the App, But I’ve got Suggestions
So, i COMPLETELY LOVE this app! I’ve been a user of it for a couple years now, but I have some quick suggestions! So, in every clip you make, your not able to move words aka “Text” while recording. I think it would be pretty cool if that were possible. Another one, I think it would SUPER cool, if there was Touch Magic. It’s pretty much where you have different Effects, that you can use your finger to drag across the screen as you record! It’s kinda like stickers, but instead of animated fire, it’s more realistic! Kinda like dragging and Aura Around a vid. Last one. I REALLLLLLLLLLY think it would be awesome if there were transitions, from clip to clip. For example, I make a clip, and in between the clips, there’s like..A blur, to kinda give a transition from a clip, to another clip! Thanks, that’s all! Hope one of these could happen!
No updates, flaws, and annoyance at your fingertips
I have the same problem as Barbib 3. The wheel keeps turning and nothing is happening. I have tried everything to try to get it to work, from exiting the app to powering off my phone. Nothing works. No matter what, that little gray wheel is still turning without getting anywhere. They say this version will fix bugs, and yet no one is fixing this vital flaw that doesn’t allow anyone to get new and updated versions.
Furthermore, the App Store has a notification and I can’t get rid of it because it won’t update. I don’t know about anyone else, but for me that little red circle is so annoying. Usually I can get rid of it in an instant. But now nothing is working and that infuriates me even more. Please fix this or I will be forced to delete the app. It’s not going anywhere.
The app itself is not the best, either. Once you put stickers in, they don’t go out and stay there for the entire clip. Same with the music, and when you are editing a video, you can only edit the end and beginning. Not the middle.
It is fun to make these, but creators, please notice these major flaws and improve them so that this app can be used as enjoyable and satisfactory as people have in mind, and then impress them even more!
I know I sound like someone who complains about everything, and I don’t mean to be. There are just major flaws. Please recognize and fix these as soon as possible.
- Apple Inc.
- 180.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.