A must-have app for library users! Easily borrow physical items using your mobile device, receive reminders, manage receipts and discover new digital content all within the cloudLibrary app!
Extremely intuitive, all it takes is a library card to login and get started! Designed for an enjoyable experience, users can benefit from many new features, depending on their library’s subscription.
- Easily accessible library card, which conveniently displays when you’re near the library
- Switch accounts with ease and manage multiple library cards from one mobile device
- Download and enjoy free eBooks and Audiobooks
- Keep track of your physical and digital library activity in one place
- Receive helpful receipts, due-date reminders and packable checklists
- Visible push notifications alert when hold items are available
- View upcoming library events and programs
- Checkout print items at your library using your mobile device
- Fun and loveable customizations include Themes, Avatars and Nicknames
For libraries that have a subscription to offer eBooks and Audiobooks:
- Customize your homepage bookshelves to display your preferred genres
- Simple interface makes browsing and saving titles a breeze
- Filter content by format, availability and language to display exactly what you are looking for
- Mark titles as favorites or read to help with literary conversations with friends
- Sync digital content across multiple devices to easily pick up where you left off
- View current books, full reading history, items on hold and saved titles in one place
- Sort titles by name or author to easily find what you’re looking for
- Receive reading recommendations or view additional titles by author or series
- Select font size, margins and background colors to create your preferred reading experience
- Search eBooks for a particular phrase to get back to that one spot you wanted to reference
- Bookmark pages and add notes if needed
- Return titles early when you’re finished and make available for other readers
Elevate your library experience today with the cloudLibrary app!
We get the job done no matter how big the bugs are.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been loving this app for several months. Recently I’ve become very frustrated by an apparently new glitch; almost every time I stop reading & bookmark a page, I discover that when I return to resume reading the book has frozen at the beginning of that chapter or on that page. I can’t continue reading unless I shut down my Apple phone, the quicker fix, or more time-consuming - delete the entire app & then download it again. That means going to my country & State & re-entering my Library card & also downloading the books again. Luckily, it does then take me back to the place in the book where I stopped reading. However it’s frustrating & time consuming. I love using an app to electronically borrow books from my library. And when I first started using Cloud Library it was so convenient & worked consistently well. Now, it’s just frustrating an unreliable. Please help.
PS. I wish there was an easier way to send you feedback when a glitch exists. I talked to the reference librarian at my local library & he too has recently been having problems with this app as well, so at least I know there are 2 of us. Since there’s no way to send feedback beyond this review, I wonder if you even know there is a problem?
Convenient but buggy
Update: I’m lowering my rating from 3 stars to 2 because I see that the issue I complained about previously has still not been fixed.
When I am scrolling from page to page through a chapter, the book will suddenly scroll forward several pages, like to the end of a chapter even though I have ten pages still left to read before the next chapter. I described the same problem below, and it still hasn’t been fixed. This is really annoying!!!
I have been using CloudLibrary for a few years now, and I was pretty satisfied with it until the latest update a few months ago. When you turned the page in the previous version, it actually looked like a page turning, like on a Kindle, and I really liked that feature. Now it just changes from one screen to another, pretty boring. Far, far worse than that, however, is the way the app randomly skips pages when I am turning a page. I will turn from, say, page 22 to page 23, and all of a sudden, I am on page 35 for no apparent reason. Then, I have to go back and search for the page I was actually on. This keeps happening no matter what book I read. I truly appreciate the convenience of being able to read books for free whenever I want to through my library’s subscription to CloudLibrary, but this weird bug is basically the only reason I am leaving this review. I wish it would be fixed.
Great app! Feature request?
Overall, this is a terrific app for accessing electronic resources (I use it primarily for audiobooks) available from my local library. Even works well remembering where I left off across multiple devices. Kudos on the app, mostly. Couple of things. Possibly feature requests? 1) Please add to the sleep timer on audio books an ‘End of Chapter’ option. It’s nice to leave off at a chapter rather than just a specific amount of time. As it stands now I have to dive into the chapter list and figure out how much time is left in the chapter and then try and peg it just right at the right time in the sleep timer to be approximately at chapter end. To the end user, there is no reason I shouldn’t also have an end of chapter option. 2) How about a bug report / feature request button in the app itself. There is no way that I can find to report bugs or request enhancements except by writing a review. Plenty of FAQs and the like, but if I can’t find it there, then no other way to communicate with development team that I can tell. Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bibliotheca Ltd
- 228.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Maori, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2012-2021, Bibliotheca