Transform your pictures into authentic looking comics! Add word balloons, stickers, and filters to turn even the most mundane photo into a hilarious / clever / cute creation! Take advantage of an intuitive, step wise user interface to make professional style comics within minutes! All of the above and more is possible with Comic Caption Creator, a comic creation app which is able to stand above the competition due to its unique features which include:
• A licensed, authentic comic book look
• 11 different types of words balloons
• 65 unique comic book fonts
• Over 1,000 stickers (many of which change color)
• Over 30 dynamic, comic looking filters
• A step wise, intuitive user interface
• A comic book look based on the stylings of professional comic book letterers John Roshell and Richard Starkings. Expensive licensing was obtained to ensure that all word balloons, fonts, and effects added up to produce a look which resembled the comic book lettering from major publishers such as Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc.
• 11 different types of words balloons. Insert a shout balloon to convey deep seeded rage, a thought balloon to express innermost contemplation, or a caption to narrate the happenings in your photo. Resize or rotate your balloon, or change the color of its background, border, or text.
• 65 unique comic book fonts. Caption your photos with the same authentic, professional comic style lettering featured on the pages of Batman and other major comic book titles. The wide variety of unique type faces featured within the app allow you to express a full range of emotions when creating your masterpiece.
• Over 1,000 stickers, many of which change color. Add a cat sticker to your photo and change the color of its fur, eyes, nose, or, ears. Sticker categories include: animals, bugs, cars, characters, dinosaurs, effects, fishes, food, glasses, hats, masks, memes, monsters, mustaches, rages, sounds. and weapons.
• Over 30 dynamic, comic looking filters to add to your photos. Apply one of the many filters in Comic Caption Creator to transform your photo into a cartoon, sketch, painting, or poster.
• A step wise, intuitive user interface that allows for the creation of comics within minutes and is fully supported with instructional alerts that appear throughout the app as well as a full set of help documents accessible from any screen.
“This app's design is very user friendly. Anyone can create an amusing comic in minutes using this app's functionality and great features.” - Apps Happens
“This is another one of those apps where reviewing it takes four times as long as it should because I end up getting sucked in and wind up playing with it for ages! Comic Caption Creator Lite is incredibly easy to use and is definitely capable of producing some fantastic results.” - App Picker
Comic Caption Creator was created by Push the Edge LLC. The graphic design was done by Nevertheless (http://nevertheless.com.au). The comic font, balloon shapes, and effects were provided by Comicraft (http://www.comicraft.com).
• Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Want to love it but...
I really like what you can get from this after putting through a ringer and other apps afterwards. It does the “comic” stuff better than other app so the design limitations really annoying. No lower cases of fonts? What’s the point if you can only fit a sentence or two tops to a “comic page”? Options are actually cut off in the interface, resizing text is disconnected from the bubbles. And everything created in a long rectangle means making square comics is near impossible so takes at least another app and tons of resizing. I’d buy the full one if I thought I could do any of that but those are basic design elements so it’s unlikely. I’ll revisit it and use it when I’m feeling really patient.
Developer Response ,
Really appreciate your feedback. Be on the lookout, in the next month or so, I'm going to be releasing an update to the app that simplifies the user interface immensely (every single function is consolidated onto one screen). Also, I'm adding a feature that lets you resize the canvas of the comic strip so fix the problem you mentioned. Thanks again for taking the time to leave comments.
I like it . It's convenient and fast in my iPad. Not expecting profesional results ( go buy a $400 photoshop program for that ) . What do you expect for $4 ?
It's fun for making my silly comics on the go ,and is the best app I found for this .
More filters and special effects would be nice though . Night vision would be great ( hope you guys are listening ) , rain, snow etc...
Overall , I give it a 9 . Easy , relativity fast and FUN, and that's what is supposed to be . Want to create a twenty page comic strip buy a computer . And a $ 400 photoshop program , and then learn how to use it lol
Developer Response ,
Thank you Rambito! Will add night mode (as well as your other suggestions) on my list of things to do.
One of my often used apps
Apps come and go from my phone. But this one has lasted longer than most because because it is simply just what I need when in need it. When I want to add a speech bubble to a picture of my dog, this app gives me multiple bubble styles to choose and plenty of tweaking (font, font size, spacing, bubble traits, etc)
Developer Response ,
Flattered that the app has lasted on your phone, Dis. Thanks for your nice comments!
- Push the Edge LLC
- 294.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Push the Edge LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $3.99
- Comic Strip Upgrade $1.99
- All Stickers $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.