Comic Life 3 4+
The Most Powerful Photo Comic Creation App Available.
"Of the comic book apps I’ve used, Comic Life, [...], has the most features and works best on an iPad because of the bigger screen... I love the way the app allows you to edit tiny details, from the shape and style of word bubbles to the size and placement of each story cell." - Kit Eaton, The New York Times
- Introducing an integrated Script Editor*, next generation image filters and built in Instant Alpha tool.
- New graphics features include speedlines, halftones, updated stroke options and more!
- Dozens of fully customizable templates.
- Everything you need at your fingertips: speech balloons, photo filters, comic lettering, templates, shapes, shadows and effects.
Download Comic Life 3 to create dynamic comics with your photos.
Packed with fonts, templates, balloons, captions, and lettering art, Comic Life is a fun, powerful and easy-to-use app that makes creating comics easier than ever. And now you can build your comics anywhere you like!
Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Create original stories with the integrated Script Editor then drag and drop your words to the comic page when you're done.
Bring in photos from your photo library or access web photos via Flickr integration, and the app’s powerful editing and design tools to get exactly the look you want.
When your work of art is complete, use the integrated reader to review pages on your device. Or share with your friends and family. Choose from Facebook, Twitter, email or open your comic in another app as a PDF.
New Tools and Features in Comic Life 3
Script Editor* that recognizes elements as you type
17 Advanced parametric image filters
Dozens of full templates with hundreds of panel layout options.
Instant Alpha tool built in so you can knock out image backgrounds
Speedlines, halftones, and textures
Fully customizable fill and borders for balloons, lettering, captions, panels and shapes
New balloon variety slider for even more customization
Customizable gradient builder
Over 60 font options
Load photos directly from photo library
Integrated camera feature to instantly add photos to your comic
Supports multi-page comics
Using Comic Life you can:
- Read your comics with the integrated e-reader.
- Create photo comics in the full featured comic editor.
- Share your comics on Facebook, Twitter, via Mail, AirDrop and iTunes File Share.
- Transfer your comics to Mac or Windows and keep working with Comic Life 3 on your desktop or laptop.
- Send your comics to a printer on your wireless network.
- Choose from full page layouts including panels, titles and captions along with complimentary styles for a high end look.
- Drag and Drop elements anywhere in your comic page.
- Easily add photos from your library with the Place Photo button in panels.
- Curve and place balloon tails precisely with advanced tail controls.
- Resize and rotate images, clip them in panels along with balloons, captions, and lettering.
- Create multilayered color gradients to design the perfect style for lettering, captions or background.
- Use smart shapes to add common shapes and the free form shape drawing tool to create any line or shape you can imagine.
- Work without worry of losing your creation as documents are automatically saved whenever a change is made.
* This feature is available on iPad only
* Re-enables support for custom fonts
* Element alignment guides now also work for extension balloons
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic, but needs a bit more.
Hi, I’ve started using your program recently, and it’s great! I have a couple of requests... Could you give us an option to make a custom page size, along with the option to have a transparent background? I try to export the speech balloons to my art program (on my iPad), but the JPEG makes it too blurry and the paper dimensions are inaccurate. I use this app to add speech balloons and effects to an already existing comic (image), but once it’s saved, the quality drops. Is it possible for me to save the word balloons as a transparent PNG image? If you could add these features, that’d mean the entire world to me. Thank you so much! :)
Needs Feature - Share Current Page
I originally bought Comic Draw as a tool for creating graphic novels, but I found the sketching and inking tools in Procreate were much better. The last straw for Comic Draw was the lack of even a basic grid to help with reference and alignments.
So bought this app thinking it would be a better companion to Procreate. The idea was I could script and layout my panels, export page layouts to Procreate, sketch and ink my art, export the page as an image, and import back into Comic Life to add page textures and text. It works great... for the first page in the Comic.
What ruins what could be an otherwise good workflow is that while Comic Draw can export an individual page as an image to another app. Comic Life only supports the ability to export the first page in the comic. I can’t find anyway to work around this.
Developer Response ,
Hello there Kawfee Bassie,
Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it all onto the plasq team for consideration.
Comic Life does export all pages - but some apps might only accept the first page. What you would need to do is "Save to Files" you could then choose the page you wish to open in another app that way.
Sorry for the inconvenience - hope this work-around helps for now. Thank you.
Good, but I have a important question.
I was a really big fan of the original comic life, which was very cool, but it stoped working so I needed to get this. I have a lot of trouble writing stuff though, I press the text boxes and all I can do is reshape it, delete it, or copy it. I feel like there should be something in the little black box above it, that says “write” or “text,” so I can be able to write. So far, the template thing also seems to look way too much like the Pages template thing. So far, Comic Life 3 has been good, but there is lots of room for improvement.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for the review, Hard-Critic! To edit the text in captions and balloons you need to double tap the balloon/caption quickly and then you will go into edit text mode of that element. You raise a good suggestion with the popup - I will pass that onto the plasq team for consideration. If you have any further questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- plasq LLC
- 106.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2020 plasq LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.