Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit: http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
- Updated Coptic Psalms.
- Added psalies for Archangel Michael and St. Moses.
- Miscellaneous Arabic corrections.
- Moved Psali for Entrance of the Lord into Egypt before Resurrection Psali.
- Updated responses and melody for St. Moses the Strong.
- Added Praxis Response for St. Pachom and St. Theodore.
- Added melody for St. Verena.
- Added 2nd Friday Koiahk Psali.
- Added St. Monica and St. Augustine responses.
- Corrected Arabic word in Matt 13:23.
- Removed final refrain of Asomen.
- Added Amen in Arabic to 'We believe, we confess, and we glorify'.
- Unlock content in Kenya.
- Updated to Holy Week Praise to: 'The Lord is my strength, and my praise, He has become to me a sacred salvation'.
- Notify of St. Mary feasts as pop-ups like other saints.
- Corrected to: 'Blessed be the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God; the sanctification is by the Holy Spirit. Amen.'.
- Added Creed to Crowning Prayer.
- Miscellaneous grammar and spelling fixes.
- Added Nim Ghar before Lobsh during Vesper Praises for Holy 50 days.
Ratings and Reviews
It is easy to navigate. Very complete app. It is amazing to have all church’s prayers book in one app. I use it daily at home. I use it at church often, for example during Pascha week, I didn’t have to carry my big traditional Pascha book. It is a must to have for every Copt. You can easily access your agpeya and your bible (without the need for internet connection) during your breaks, during using public transportation or during anytime you’re waiting in line or for something else.
I wish I could
I absolutely love this app and it is the only one I use. But for the Bible I wish I could highlight my favorite verses. I wish I could book mark where I stopped reading. I wish I could keep log of my readings. It is done in other apps that I’m not in favor of but this one being my favorite I’m hoping this can be done. Thanks to all who work on it. God bless your service.
Very small font and no bookmarks
Very nice app. But the font got very small when I made the last update. I wish you can give options for changing the font to give some convenience to different users. The other thing is that I wish I can bookmark my reading in the bible cause usually I forgot where I stop the day before. I wish you can add an option for shading verses in the bible just like in hard bibles. Otherwise i love it and am using it everyday.
- Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- 63.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
- In-App Purchases
- Liturgies $9.99
- Praises $4.99
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.