District First is a convenient mobile application (mobile app) that can be downloaded to your mobile phone and used to apply for public benefits available in the District of Columbia and much more! District First is available in multiple languages including English, Spanish and Amharic.
With District First you may:
• Apply for food, cash, and medical benefits: Complete and submit an application for food, cash, and medical benefits available in the District of Columbia.
• Recertify benefits: Recertify for public benefits before they expire and receive a recertification reminder sent to you on your phone.
• Update personal information and submit a change of circumstance: Update changes to personal information and circumstance, including change of address, new contact information (phone number, email address), household composition (birth of a child), expenses, and income or assets.
• Upload documents: Upload and submit documents to complete a new application for benefits, recertify current benefits or update personal information/change of circumstance. Users may view all uploaded documents in the District First mobile app.
• View Notices: Receive, view, and download display notices that are sent in the mail in the app.
Minor security improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
Keep your head up
I agree with other reviewer. This is outstanding, we really need to take advantage of technology. Some times things are forced on us. But overall standing in the lines was a bit outdated and didn’t really make you feel good, personally. Thanks for implementing this and please don’t change anything and send people back to those lines unnecessarily.
Need to fix some problem with the app !
I created an account and first I could log in, but when I tried to sign in back again it keep saying that there is not an account with my e-mail address. So, I created another account and when I tried to put the info that it ask you to put and still it keep saying the info I put is not right and I called the DHS and they told me the info I put was right that they don’t know what is not letting link my case to my account. So, they gave me another page that I can go and from that page I was able to link my account to my ebt-card . They send me a temporary password to my e-mail and I was able to have access to my case. But, then I went back to the app and sign in with my user name and new password and is still don’t letting me access through the dc access app only I’m able to access to my account through the dhs page on line .
If your a DC resident you know the first and last thing when it comes to resources we’re the statement H street LINES. Now with Covid taking a turn on our lives. this app has become my go to and SO helpful with navigating the resources I need right from home. a true blessing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- District of Columbia Government, Department of Human Services
- 118.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Amharic, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 DC Department of Human Services
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.