**You must own a Synology Router to run this app, and be running the latest SRM 1.2 to get the complete set of features.**
DS router allows you to manage you network with just a few taps whenever you want, wherever you go. Easily set up brand new Synology Routers, monitor live traffic, and protect your children's Internet activities with the comprehensive features of DS router.
- Remote Management: Manage your router from anywhere.
- Network Map: Easily view the status of your Mesh Wi-Fi system.
- Guest Network: Create a new network separated from your primary Wi-Fi.
- Traffic Monitor: Supervise real time traffic of all connected devices.
- Device Prioritization: Determine which devices Internet priority.
- Safe Access: Enjoy advanced parental control and security functions.
• Fixed the issue where the first-time installation of Synology Router cannot proceed to the next step after the confirmation of connecting to a new Wi-Fi SSID
• Fixed the issue where connections to the default Wi-Fi SSID of Synology Router through QR code scanning might fail on iOS 13 devices
• Updated Synology's terms and conditions
• Removed a traffic control setting that might lead to accidental blocking of Wi-Fi point's network connections
• Minor bug fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A work in progress; why no desktop mode?
I love the router. I love my many Synology boxes - 8 and 18 drive units. I think DSM is a decent piece of Linux management software. I think SRM is a very nice porting of DSM to a router. This app, however, leaves much to be desired. What it does it does adequately. The basic overview in real-time is even quite good. The fact one cannot fully administer the router through the app - probably 60% of functions are unavailable - is highly annoying. Why can’t I access the DHCP table? Why can’t I add to the DHCP reservations? These are fairly basic admin functions. I wouldn’t mind except that there is NO WAY to access SRM via iOS except using the app. It CANNOT be reached by a browser. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! The DSM app offers desktop mode to obviate the fact it doesn’t allow access to most functions, why doesn’t the DS Router app??? With that it would have 3-4 stars.
Many have stated it...it’s a solid start but needs a little more. The app is not full function. The router has a lot to it but the app does not 100% control of it. I have the IPS app and I get alerts all the time through the app but I am not able to click an alert and still down on that alert like I can accessing it in the browser. If you ConnectTo setup with your router, you can access it through Safari but the experience is not great. Again, just wish there was more control in the app. It’s almost like this was just a “let’s build it and see what happens” and the there are two separate groups working on this at Synology...one group on the app and another on the SRM (operating system of the router).
Good interface with a bug or poorly implemented feature
I use this with an ac2600 router from Synology that has an atrocious internal web interface for SRM interaction.
This app works even when the router SRM interface is hung and settings changed through this app seem to speed up SRM’s internal web interface recovery.
What is missing in this app is the ability to add additional login profiles. After adding one profile, you can modify it but not add another. It asks you so scan a QR image on the back of the router that I assume other router models have.
- Synology Inc.
- 122.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.