1. Updated Synology's terms and conditions for EU data privacy compliance.
2. Optimized the compatibility with iPhone X and iOS 11.
3. Terminated the support for the built-in PDF editor. Users can still use third-party apps (e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader) to smoothly edit PDF files and save them to DS cloud.
4. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing basic functionality
Bought the Synology NAS to backup my iPhone files as I ran out of space on iCloud (need to backup about 10,000 files).
Started by synchronizing my photos over WiFi via DS Cloud, but had to stop the process after 10 hours as needed to take my phone with me. DS Cloud did not resume the initial synchronization when I connected back to my WiFi, so only 3,000 files were backed up. Tried a few times and still no success. Unfortunately, I cannot leave my phone at home for 30+ hours to run the initial synchronization.
Can we please add the option to properly resume the initial sync? DS Photo has it, so would think it’s easy to replicate in DS Cloud. Without this feature, my Synology NAS is basically useless...
Not really a cloud drive
1. You cannot share files to/from other applications (others reviews have mentioned this too). For example if I want to copy a file to photos app, it is not possible.
2. I change password frequently. Changing password requires unlinking from the server and redo the setup. Very annoying - no option to change password
I think the developers of iPhone app have not given much thought to usability of this app.
Only worked once
Always crashes when launched. Uninstalling/reinstalling did not correct. Restarting also did not correct. Crashes immediately after launch.
- Synology Inc.
- 79.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.