Flic is the original Smart Button. This app enables you to use and personalize Flic buttons. Create shortcuts in your life with a simple push of a button.
• Connect Flic buttons to your phone
• OR connect Flic buttons to the brand new Flic Hub
• Personalize each button individually
• Select among all your favorite services and connected things
• Set what should happen when you push, double-click or push-and-hold your buttons.
• Use Widgets to create shortcuts from the notification center
• Create powerful combinations and have many things happen on a single push
• No effect on your phone’s battery life
INSPIRATION - USE FLIC TO:
• Control your Smart Lights (Hue, LIFX, IKEA, ...)
• Control your Music (SONOS, Spotify, Apple Music, ...)
• Control your Camera and take pictures from afar
• Snooze your morning Alarm
• Send an alarm with your GPS position to friends and family
• Connect Flic to IFTTT, Zapier or MS Flow for unlimited functionality
• Create your own shortcuts with HTTP Requests
• And much, much more!
Read more about Flic at https://flic.io
If you use any of the GPS enabled functionality:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Buttons=Great; iOS App=Terrible
The buttons are great! The batteries have lasted for over a year so far, and get used daily. The Bluetooth range is excellent in a 3200sq home and has never let me down. If it doesn’t work, Homeseer has always been the culprit (shame on you Homeseer).
Even so, Homeseer really expands the otherwise limited functionality of the buttons.
First off, for a company all about connectivity and networking - it should be able to find networked attached devices without asking for the password on the bottom of the device.
Second, the app loses connection with the hub frequently while programming it.
Lastly, why the forced portrait mode? I use the keyboard with an iPad Pro and switch back and forth between Homeseer and Flic to test things out. REALLY annoying.
Smart button doesn’t connect and does not recognize other devices
It’s the single worst smart home solution I’ve ever seen. I got three flic2 smart buttons, two of which do not connect with my iphone. The third one connects but does not toggle my wemo smart sockets even when wemo app as well as google home is able to do so. Who designs a smart button that needs to be connected with bluetooth to the phone at all times when it doesn’t even operate anything on the phone?? And lastly, the two buttons which do not connect can’t be factory reset as well because after numerous attempts I’m unable to remove the battery.
Everyone is a critic
I don’t mean to nitpick. This app has a great, and it does everything the devs say it would.
That said, I want to pull the app up, auto-connect to my hub, and click the buttons as if I was pressing the actual button.
Is that possible? Did I miss that in the mix of programming my shortcuts and connecting my smart devices? It seems too obvious to not have implemented...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shortcut Labs AB
- 45.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Shortcut Labs AB
- In-App Purchases
- pack of 20 credits $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.