Time Capsule is a new For All Mankind narrative experience told in AR from executive producer Ron Moore and featuring stars of the show.
Join Danny, teenage son of astronauts Gordo & Tracy Stevens, as he examines interactive keepsakes full of details about life, love, and the world of For All Mankind. Every object tells a story: a simple mixtape unveils how young love first began. A home computer holds the secrets to the teens’ changing lives. And items as ordinary as a newspaper and answering machine shed light on impactful events in the lives of Gordo and Tracy Stevens, revealing more about the alternate world of For All Mankind and what’s coming in season 2.
Download Time Capsule to journey back to the summer of 1980 and explore the For All Mankind universe through augmented reality using only your iPhone or iPad.
Watch For All Mankind exclusively on the Apple TV app with an Apple TV+ subscription.
The For All Mankind: Time Capsule 1.2 update includes new features, bug fixes and various quality of life improvements.
• Adds new audio narration to the experience prologue.
• Adds new functionality that allows the user to progress through content on the Apple II in the Disconnected chapter directly from the text reader.
• Fixes an issue where the user would be unable to progress from the experience prologue.
• Fixes various navigation issues when inspecting objects.
• Fixes an audio issue when adjusting volume with Silent mode enabled.
• Fixes an issue with subtitles during the Live Playback chapter.
• Polish to the end of story flow, in-experience animations and more.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I keep trying to play the game but it keeps crashing and won’t get past the start and it not my phone because I’m using an XR so it can’t be. Please fix this bug I really want to play this game
I rarely review apps
This was such a gorgeous and intimate extension to the show. Having not seen every episode of For All Mankind, I didn’t know if I would feel disconnected from the experience but that wasn’t the case at all. With every move forward, I found myself really examining every item and comparing the objects against other things in my room. Incredibly high quality, great storytelling and an exciting beginning to something even greater, I’m sure.
Works fine on iPhone 12 Pro Max
Also, it was really well done. Made me feel nostalgic for HS in the 80s. I’m not really an explore all the details of a “game world,” but this really was so well put together, I enjoyed digging in. The projector even projected realistically onto irregular surfaces like my couch.
(Now I want one of these for all of the Apple TV+ shows. Ted Lasso’s continually revised biscuit recipe, some army men, etc.)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 391.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.