General DB is a general-purpose database app that lets you record information quickly and easily.
Try our FREE Private DB app to get a feel for General DB before you buy.
For example, if you have a bottle collection, you could make a table with these fields: Date Acquired, Bottle Type, Bottle Origin, Shape, Notes. Then whenever you add a new bottle to your collection, you can add a row to the table describing it.
If you want to track visits to different vacation sites, you can make a table with fields for the Date Visited, Location, Description, and Attraction. As you visit the sites, you can add corresponding rows to your table.
After you add rows to your tables, they will be:
Many apps are too specific to a subject, but General DB is flexible enough to handle many, many needs, such as:
- Customer info
- Membership lists
- Tracking Logs
- and many more !
No database knowledge is required to use this app, but you will pick some up as you go!
For power users:
General DB allows easy data entry into a full-fledged SQLite database. To do so, it enhances it with field formats.
The field formats supported are Text, Number, Date, Time, Duration, Location, Photo, Barcode, Raw, Picker, and Lookup Table. There are convenient buttons next to some fields for easier input.
For administrators or IT manager, you can create a master database of reference information that you don't want your users to modify. This master database can be published on the internet and either the Private DB app or General DB can download and view it.
Some more powerful features:
- Download files from the web or Dropbox
- Import text files into tables
- Execute SQL files
- Extract .zip or .gz files
- Manage your image files and create thumbnails
- Preview all the lines in a file before importing it
- Custom picker types to select values from a list
- Add your own image files from you computer using iTunes
- SQL Console for executing SQL statements
- Mark SQL statements as favorites
- See and execute past SQL statements in the History
- Built-in web browser to download files from
- Save websites in the Bookmarks
- Easily create a SQL VIEW (subsets of fields from a table)
- JOIN 2 or more tables or views for relational capabilities
- Export selected rows from your tables to a file
- Email your files to others
- Share your database via Email or Dropbox
- Create databases
- And much more!
If you have any questions, or if you need your business database customized for your iPhone or iPad, feel free to contact us on our website.
- Fix for importing text files with Chinese Unicode characters.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
thanks for an SQLite DB mgr; on iOS 13 howto ...
How do I turn on ‘dark mode’ for General DB to take advantage of this new iOS feature?
Developer Response ,
Working on it. Thank you for the review!
I really like your General DB application. It solves a particular need that I've had in organizing some locations I'm looking at, with photos and Google maps. Very awesome. There are some improvements that could be made, but the developer was swift about responding and open to suggestions for improvement when I contacted him.
I am a truck driver in the oilfield. I travel to alot of leases that are very rual with no specific address to identify their location. This database is exactly perfect for my needs. It lets me label the oil company that owns the lease and then allows me to input multiple sub-data bases under it. Example: oil company- lease name plus fields for lease number, tank size, destination, and also has an awesome GPS feature to pinpoint exactly where the lease is located with a stickpin on the map. On top of all this it sorts by several fields of user choice and has a search feature to find a sub-database in a single tap. I personally think this database app is worth way more than a mere $2.99. Thank you, an extremely satisfied customer, Peggy
- Portable Databases
- 21.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009 Portable Databases
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.