If you like Grid Player, try Grid for iPad – our full AAC app that includes editable resources for symbol and text communication.
Grid Player is an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) App that helps people who cannot speak or who have unclear speech to communicate. Sentences that you create are spoken out loud.
Grid Player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, including those who use symbols.
Grid Player is designed for use with Grid 3 and The Grid 2, allowing you to play your grids on iPad. If you don't have Grid 3 or The Grid 2, you can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
Please note that you need a Online Grids account to use Grid Player. You can create an account for free within the Grid Player app, or sign in to an existing account.
GRID PLAYER FEATURES
• Over 12,000 Widgit Symbols
• Over 12,000 SymbolStix Symbols
• High-quality male and female voices
• “TouchType” word prediction for faster typing
• Prediction suggestions with symbols to help with word recognition
• Word list grids for large topics
• Copy sentences to use with Twitter, Facebook, etc
SYMBOL TALKER A and B
• Dynamic screen AAC
• Uses Widgit symbols
• Over 2,000 unique words in over 50 topics
• Two vocabulary sizes (levels A and B)
• Over 1000 vivid photographs
• 42 categories
• Inspirational for education and communication
TEXT TALKER PHRASEBOOK
• Over 100 instant phrases
• 10 topics to discuss
• Quick response buttons for answering questions
Grid Player is suitable for people with a wide range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, motor-neurone disease (ALS), autism, apraxia, traumatic brain injury, stroke and deafness. It can also be used in education for people with learning difficulties or special needs, and with young children.
All over the world, thousands of people are communicating with Grid 3 and The Grid 2 from Smartbox. Install Grid Player and you can join the conversation today!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a keyboard to type instead of look for words for those that can do so
Been using this app for my nonverbal & apraxic kids at work. Thank u for making it free! I do wish the voice & vocabulary were in American English though because my kids get confused when they hear “crisps” for fries. Please add a keyboard so my kids can type words that aren’t in the database? Thank you! All in all great app!
I love it! The voice is good and sounds realistic and the interface is nice. A keyboard would turn this B+++ app to a A+++
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sensory Software International Ltd
- 20.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2016 Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd