H&R Block has used our decades of tax experience to deliver you the top-rated tax app for your 2018 tax return.
We believe you deserve more from your tax company than unqualified help and surprise fees. So, stop paying the other guys to claim your unemployment (1099-G form) or your student loan interest (1098-E form). Get fair tax prep because #Block has your back.
There’s no need to wonder how much tax prep will cost. Upfront pricing means you always know what you’ll pay. Get the convenience of on-the-go access to work virtually with our tax pros using Ask a Tax Pro and Tax Pro Review.
Don’t settle for second-rate tax services. When you have the trusted leaders in tax on your side, you can be sure you’re getting an accurate return and your maximum refund – guaranteed.
Discover how tax reform affects the federal IRS forms you need and what deductions you can claim on your state return with step-by-step guidance at your fingertips. Itemize deductions, import 1099s from financial institutions and Uber, or automatically add the self-employment expenses you’ve been tracking in Stride. Whether you have simple or complex taxes, we do the work for you – this app is for everyone.
• NEW! Turn on enhanced two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator when you create or manage your existing account.
• Face ID and Touch ID. Access the app with all the ease and security of Face ID and Touch ID that’s available on your device.
• Stride integration. Upload 2018 self-employed expenses you’ve tracked with Stride right into our tax app.
• E-File Quick Look. Get return status updates delivered straight to the Tax Prep App homepage or by using 3d Touch on enabled devices.
• Take pics and upload PDFs of your tax docs. Import docs important to you (like last year’s 2017 return from any service, your W-2 or 1099) during tax prep to jump-start your taxes and make filling out forms quick and easy.
• Notes and checklists can help you stay organized. Store your tax form to-do list right in the app, then check them off as you receive and import your forms.
• One-tap help. Our Help Center is stocked with answers, advice, and assistance from the best tax preparers in the business – and it’s just a tap away.
• Taxes on-the-go, from wherever life takes you. If you’re a returning H&R Block client, sign in with your existing account, and we can add all the info from last year’s return. New to Block? Create an account and save all your work as you go. You can prepare and file your 2018 return in-app or sign in on any device to pick up where you left off.
• Pay only when you’re ready to file. Prepare your return, get help, and use all app features without paying a dime. Then, conveniently check out with Apple Pay for easy payment.
• We ask, you answer. Our easy, Q&A approach makes tax prep quicker and easier to understand. As your tax situation changes, we’ll let you know. Add the IRS tax forms you need to make sure your return is accurate and that you get your maximum refund.
• Tax Pro Review helps you work with a tax pro remotely. Your tax pro will double-check and sign your return to make sure you didn’t miss the credits and deductions you deserve.
• Work one-on-one with a real tax pro using Ask a Tax Pro. You’ll get unlimited, on-demand help with chat and screen sharing.
• Find the best product for you. We’ve got you covered with our Free, Plus, Deluxe, Premium, and Self-Employed tax products without ever leaving the app.
Your privacy, security, and guarantees are important to us. Please visit hrblock.com to learn more.
Service Agreement: https://idp.hrblock.com/idp/Authn/OnlineServiceAgreement.html
Data Security: https://www.hrblock.com/data-security/
In this release, we’re helping you get a jump-start on your 2018 taxes:
• Price transparency: Always know what you’ll pay with upfront pricing.
• Tax Pro Review: Work with a tax pro remotely. Your tax pro will double-check and sign your return to make sure you didn’t miss the credits and deductions you deserve.
• Ask a Tax Pro: Chat with a tax pro and get answers anytime without leaving your chair.
• Prior-year import: Import your 2017 return from any tax provider for free.
• W-2 photo capture: Take a pic of your W-2 to make it easy to fill out forms.
• Selfie share: We have new 2019 frames. Take as many pics as you want from the homepage of the Tax Prep App after you finish and file. Post and tag #hrblock – show us your happy faces!
• Free and convenient access to your credit score with LendingTree: We’ve partnered with LendingTree to give you even more ways to understand your financial situation via your MyBlock account.
Questions or comments? Contact us at 855-897-8639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Second to none!
This app is amazing! The layout of this app is perfect. The simplistic layout of the app makes it easy to focus on the task at hand, and the easy to understand instructions (with added helpful hints - just in case) make this app stand out from its competitors. The flow from one page to the next is flawless and when/if you have a question as to whether or not you qualify for certain breaks/exemptions, you can rest easy knowing that they guide you through that process by telling you to select all of them and their software will calculate your information and let you know whether or not you qualify. They also include the option for live chat with an H&R Block tax expert should you need it. All in all, this is the perfect app for people who don’t have the time or luxury of scheduling and upholding face to face meetings or standing around in long lines waiting to see a CPA.
Oh, also worth mentioning is that they offer all of the same benefits that you’d get filing in office. You can purchase identity theft/fraud protection as well as audit protection. Both of these options can be added independently or as a combination for a small (and extremely fair) fee. I’d recommend everyone take advantage of these options, however, it is nice that they don’t pressure you into purchasing these options through annoying pop-up ads and instead ask you just before you proceed to the final step of submitting your forms via e-file.
Developer Response ,
Looks like you've found the app's new tax navigation! Moving from section to section has never been easier by scrolling and tapping :) Thank you so much for your review and for being an H&R Block Tax Prpe App client. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping with your 2019 return next year.
Reliable, Quick and Easy, Tax Consultant Support
I enjoy using H&R Block to file my taxes. I have used H&R Block software for several years and before that their TaxCut software. Being able to do your tax return and home is a major plus. Much better than gathering all your documents together and going to an account or tax prep office. The app or software guide you through in a quick and easy process. I use the Deluxe edition to itemize my taxes and I’m typically finished within two hours. I also like the H&R Block app or software maximizing the amount I receive in my tax return by providing yes or no questions and, select all that apply check boxes. After answering the question, you are taken directly to the sections that apply specific to your situation. As you move quickly along, the app or software show you a real-time total of the return or owe amount. I also like the option to have a live tax consultant available to me 7/24 and a representative with me if I were to be audited. Thank you H&R Block for making a typical stress for task quick and easy from start to e-file with a tax refund in my bank account with around a week to ten days!
No Way to Print
The filing process worked pretty good. This is my second year using it for my taxes so I am familiar with the app. I usually file manually or through an accountant. I would like to see more information available for deductions. For instance, mileage and mileage rates. Aside from that, the biggest flaw that I cannot find a solution for, is that I see no way to print from my phone. When you follow the option to print tax forms or your receipt it loads them both to your screen fine. But, there’s no print button. I have a wireless printer that I use all the time with other apps and thought it would be that easy. Apparently, that part of the app was never finished before release. Now I cannot get a hard copy of my return. At least I chose the e-file option so I was able to complete my return. Please fix this.
With the print feature repaired I am changing my rating. Thanks for the quick response.
Developer Response ,
3/15 Update: Thank YOU for your updated review! We appreciate your business. If you run into any additional issues or have additional features you'd like to see in the App, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
2/14 Response: We apologize for this difficulty, but have resolved the printing issue you were experiencing.
Please update the H&R Block Tax Prep App to the latest version (7.4.0). Then, open the App and click on the “Taxes” icon. You’ll be prompted to login. After login, you’ll see a green button that says “Print My Taxes”. After clicking that button, please download the return and then you can print or save. We apologize again for the difficulty!
If you have any further issues, please contact our customer support team at 1-855-897-8639.
Thank you for being an H&R Block client – We appreciate your business.
- HRB Tax Group, Inc.
- 112.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018-2019 H&R Block Digital LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.