Don't wait! Get money fast with a Refund Advance from TurboTax. $0 loan fees, 0% APR. Terms apply, see description for details.
Join the millions who switch to TurboTax every year! Whether our experts prepare your tax return or you do it yourself, we guarantee our calculations are always 100% accurate, or we'll pay any penalties* (1).
FILE WITH 100% CONFIDENCE
• TAX RETURN LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Whether you get expert help or file yourself, you'll get your max refund, 100% accuracy, and audit support for your return's full 7-year lifetime, guaranteed (2).
• DONE RIGHT, WITH OUR SEASONED TAX EXPERTS: Our TurboTax Live tax experts have an average of 12 years' experience and are always up-to-date on all the latest tax laws. When you choose to work with a Live expert, you can trust that you're in good hands.
OPT FOR EXPERT HELP, OR DO IT YOURSELF
• TurboTax Live Assisted Basic – File for $0 with expert help, only with TurboTax. 100% free tax filing and a free tax expert final review. Get unlimited advice from tax experts as you file. ~37% of taxpayers qualify. Form 1040 + limited credits only. Must file by 3/31.
• TurboTax Live Full Service - Let an expert do your taxes start to finish. A local tax expert matched to your unique situation will get your taxes done 100% right - as soon as today. You can even work with the same dedicated tax expert every year.
• TurboTax Live Assisted - Get unlimited expert help as you file. Get unlimited help from tax experts as you file. And, only TurboTax Live Assisted includes a 100% accurate, expert final review at no extra charge.
• Or, file on your own with confidence. When you want to do your own taxes, it's quick and easy with TurboTax. We'll get you your max refund with step-by-step guidance and 100% accurate calculations.
• TurboTax Free Edition - 100% free tax filing, 100% accurate, max refund guarantee even when you file for free. ~37% of taxpayers qualify. Form 1040 + limited credits only.
FILE EASILY WITH SPECIAL FEATURES
• File 30% faster on our app!*
• Get started quickly with easy info uploads. Jumpstart your taxes with last year's info, or snap a photo of your W-2 or 1099-NEC and we'll auto-fill your info.
• Easily import investment activity. Save time and hassle by importing your investment info, including crypto transactions.
• Find every deduction and credit. Searches up to 500 deductions and credits. Based on your unique situation, it finds the deductions and credits that apply to you so you get everything you deserve.
• Added deduction support for self-employed customers. Our Deduction Finder feature helps sync your accounts and import transactions, so you don't miss a single self-employment deduction.
• Spanish-language support: The TurboTax app is now available in Spanish! You can now toggle between English and Spanish and file your taxes in your preferred language. Bilingual experts are also available to help answer your questions or file your taxes for you from start to finish.
1. Accuracy, Max Refund, Full Service, and Audit Support Guarantee: See terms of service or turbotax.com/guarantees for full details.
2. Lifetime Guarantee: A combination of coverage: 100% Accurate Calculations, Maximum Refund, and Audit Support Guarantees. All guaranteed for the full 7-year life of your tax return. Individual returns only. See terms of service for details.
3. TurboTax Free Edition and TurboTax Live Assisted Basic available for Form 1040 returns with limited credits only. For more details and to see if you're part of the ~37% who qualify: https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/mobile-apps/turbotax-disclosures/. Intuit reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time. TurboTax Live Assisted Basic free offer ends 3/31.
*On average, customers using our mobile app take 30% less time to complete their taxes compared to time taken on our website
We have made performance improvements and fixed some bugs to make your tax filing experience even better.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s expedient and I love the new improvements
The projection tool that tells how long it will take to finish your taxes is extremely amazing, for me it was a motivator to keep going. Insofar as the software goes, I’ve used turbo tax my entire adult life and it’s by far the best software I’ve used since basically college. My only quarrel however are the occasional hidden costs that easily creep up on you, but again, for what it’s worth, I’d rather enjoy the peace of mind offered by knowing my taxes weren’t just filed fast but right also. To that effect, I’ve had no issues whatsoever using Turbo Tax in my 20+ years of using the software! Not to mention the added bonus of knowing that my taxes are saved away in a secure central repository for me to retrieve anytime as needed. I sometimes have to provide years of filings and it’s been heart warming to know Turbo Tax is there on-demand whenever I need it. In addition, the softwares ability to connect with my work interface and update my income without moving a finger is another big plus…all I can say for now is I’m a happy camper.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with TurboTax, and we hope to continue to impress you! Thank you for your long-term usage and continued dedication to the TurboTax family. -Brycen
First year I refuse to use it.
If you would’ve asked me the last 8 years the best filing prep I would’ve recommended turbo tax. This is the first year I’m not using it. There’s no logical reason to be charging me over $120 just to file. On turbo Id also have to pay an extra $40 some to file state just because they can. on Top of paying $89 for what? Having to take two extra pictures of forms and having to double check it all myself anyway, no access to basic support even for that much? No thanks. It didn’t make doing my taxes any easier (in fact I feel they’ve purposely made the prompts more difficult in recent years to convince you to pay for their help. I was convinced I needed help because I was so confused using turbotax, imagine my surprise when I used freetaxusa for $14 Total and got it done *quicker* AND *easier* than I would’ve paying $120 before tax on turbo tax! That’s insane!!!) especially as you promote that you’ll straight up complete simple returns for people for no charge whatsoever. That manpower could’ve easily been directed to the people holding your company up paying $140 dollars for nothing.
Edit to respond to developer: no I didn’t have any “issues” - this is simply what you charge for anything past the simplest of returns. I’m not confused, I understand completely, and still stand by the fact that it is ridiculous.
Developer Response ,
UPDATE 3/30/2022: Hello Lyssa. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We value your input and want you to know that we are listening! TurboTax is a DIY tax tool that uses the information you provide to accurately file your return. TurboTax charges are based on the forms and worksheets needed to properly file your tax return. A few reasons customers are upgraded to better handle their specific tax situation can be found in this link: https://intuit.me/32LJNJm We do charge an additional $39.99 for state e-filing, which is utilizing the state tax preparation program provided by TurboTax. If you would like to downgrade your TurboTax version, you can use this link here: https://intuit.me/3HykEQE Thank you for being a part of the TurboTax Family! -Te'Anna----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey, It saddens me to hear that you experienced issues using TurboTax this year. We do offer a free version that covers simple returns: https://intuit.me/3NsfZ6O. Each version of TurboTax supports different forms, you would need to use a version of TurboTax that covers your tax situation. You can check your fees at any time while using TurboTax using these steps: https://intuit.me/3IIPkiB. I also have additional information on all our products here: https://intuit.me/3MlhyTM.
Not free, no help when the IRS sends a letter, and still waiting for refund four months later
I used the TurboTax app to file my refund in early February. The app was relatively easy to use, but it did get old going in circles sometimes. Unfortunately, the free option really is not usable. If you have to file state taxes like just about everyone, then you will have to pay $40 per state. If you’re a college student in another state like me, that means two states so $80. Of course, no student discount. Honestly, that was not too bad since I was supposed to get a lot back.
Unfortunately, that was not what happened. I did get some from one the state returns, but that was it. The IRS sent a letter for a health insurance form that didn’t even apply to me. If you want help with that, guess what? It will cost you even more money! At that point, I wasn’t paying TurboTax any more so I went off on my own. Eventually I got it figured out, but not without massive disruption to my school work. None of that help was thanks to TurboTax which sends you to FAQs that don’t really apply.
They have online discussions which appear to have many people with the same problem. This program is made to look easy- and it is at first- but the headache it causes later is not worth it. Never had trouble like this with H&R Block so I think I’ll go back to them next year. Whatever you do, don’t use TurboTax. It is seriously not worth it. Still waiting for that federal tax refund BTW.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed review of your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to help you address the concerns you've shared. All of our customers begin with our Free Edition. If your tax situation requires additional forms that are only supported in a higher version of TurboTax, you will need to be upgraded in order for us to maximize deductions and handle any additional tax-filing responsibilities. To learn more, please go here: https://intuit.me/38dKY1b Please keep in mind that any additional services, such as the Refund Processing Service, can also contribute to your overall charge. If you wish to review your charges, please follow the steps outlined here https://intuit.me/2tMtaLL.
Our support webpage, TurboTax Real Money Talk Community, contains many different articles reflecting the most current changes in tax laws and requirements. For the letter you've received from the IRS about your health insurance, I'd like to share that this can differ for each individual depending on their specifics and you can learn more about that here: https://intuit.me/2SYRrbf
I understand this year did not go the way we had wanted. We understand your time is valuable and appreciate your review of our response today. I hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuit Inc.
- 237.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Intuit Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.