Harry's LapTimer is the advanced tool for car enthusiast. It records all types of sensor data provided by your iPhone/iPod/iPad (or external sensors), combines them, and makes them available to optimize your drive. Over time, you will get insights on your car and in your driving, not known before.
LapTimer offers more than 1300 predefined tracks world wide. With its assistants, it is extremely easy to setup - just click your track and drive. It fully automates your lap timing using GPS, and presents the results to all kinds of media.
You are not limited to track driving only. For example, you may define your home and working locations as a 'track', collect statistics on different ways chosen, and analyze / optimize the time used every day.
Want to show your drive to your friends? LapTimer Petrolhead and above generates beautiful in car video recordings with all kinds of data overlaid, ready to be presented - e.g. on youtube. Even without video, recorded data can be analyzed using purpose designed views, making it easy to analyze and improve your driving performance.
Using online racing, you can use LapTimer in competition. LapTimer offers a Hall of Fame, allows watching you and your friends on track - all in real time. Compare your sector times, braking / acceleration points, and learn from each other.
You can start with your plain iPhone in the beginning and add external GPS and OBD II sensors later, step by step, and as you need it. LapTimer itself comes in three different editions: LapTimer Rookie is the entry level with all you need for lap timing; LapTimer Petrolhead is the advanced version including lots of video features, and LapTimer Grand Prix is the edition for professionals including Multi Cam recording, Health Kit integration, and advanced sensor and analytics functionality.
Please note that functionality depends on your device, the LapTimer edition chosen, and sometimes even external sensors added (like OBD II). Please visit our web page to get the full story. All edition can be upgraded later, all editions come with native iPhone and iPad support.
There are quite expensive stand alone solutions for track days available. Be smart and own the leading edge tool simply by using your iPhone and LapTimer. Besides the professional area, there is no known solution that offers more functionality than LapTimer does - across the market. As our ambition is to offer the best tool, LapTimer is enhanced continuously.
Please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de for detailed information on versions, FAQs / documentation, in depth technology background information, online racing, and supported device configurations. Join our user community on http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de to be involved in future development - all with first class support.
- Added support for Racebox Mini S
- Added an Expert Setting to adjust the number of minutes recent fixes are displayed in Map View
Ratings and Reviews
Quit giving me times.
I loved it for the last 5 years but it quit registering. Never started going past start finish. No time.
Terrible interface. It won’t work when you need it
- laps/race don’t start automatically. Nor is it obvious how to turn the race on. You have to go to the Race section, set up a driver, then the car, and then figure that the app will be waiting until you drive off. Extremely unintuitive.
- finding your results is impossible. You have to go to the Analysis -> Lap Times, and locate a green dop next to the time (which indicates it’s you 🤦🏼♂️)
- it gets worse, each time you go out for a new session, the Race needs to be manually triggered by setting the previous run as reference.
- but what is the worst is the deception that a new session is recoding and working. You think you have triggered a new session and have put your phone away. Only to return to the pit to realize that app has silently produced some hidden alerts after you’ve triggered the new session and put the phone away! IMO this defeats the whole purpose.
- when it does work the stats are well presented
In summary, out of 5 sessions, I was only able to record 1. Terrible. Save your money.
I downloaded this app last year for a DE weekend. At the time, I found it very user in friendly and annoying, but at least it saved my videos and times. Yesterday I used it again for the second time: it froze in the middle of data transfer to my phone, crashed, and then proceeded to delete an entire day worth of lap videos. And then it did it to me again today. RIP video of COTA PR time. Harold and his developers should be ashamed to be selling this app. It is absolute rubbish.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harald Schlangmann
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 2.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Harald Schlangmann
- In-App Purchases
- Petrolhead Upgrade $12.99
- Grand Prix Upgrade $9.99