The He Reads Truth app is a Bible-reading tool designed for men — to meet men where they are and encourage them to read God’s Word daily.
- New gorgeous, user-friendly layout and design
- Full-text Bible in multiple translations
- Bible-reading plans, with new content added daily & full-access, monthly auto-renewable subscription available
- Ability to highlight, bookmark, share, and take notes as you read
- User accounts allow you to customize your experience and keep your notes and highlights safe
- Real-time commenting that syncs with the He Reads Truth web site
- Beautiful, shareable images featuring content from the daily readings
- Free, downloadable lock screens for your phone (an excellent tool for Scripture memorization!)
- Customizable notifications to remind you to read Truth at your ideal time of day
- Free "Bible In A Year" reading plan that tracks your progress as you go
- Bible search function
- Settings for font size, preferred Bible translation, red letter function, and dark mode
He Reads Truth exists to help men become who we were made to be, by doing what we were made to do, by the power and provision God has given us to do it, for the glory of Jesus Christ.
About the Monthly Subscription
He Reads Truth's Monthly Subscription is an auto-renewing subscription which will renew automatically each month, unless you cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes Account will be charged upon purchase. The subscription can be managed or cancelled at any time through the user's iTunes Account settings. Your subscription will be billed to your iTunes account within 24 hours before the end of the current period and the renewal charge will be your monthly charge. The He Reads Truth Monthly Subscription provides access to all Reading Plans during an active subscription, and He Reads Truth reserves the right to curate plans at will.
Learn more online at hereadstruth.com.
• Added Church Subscription Feature
• Notes and Highlights are now more accessible
• Bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, although there could be some improvements
I love the look of this Bible app. Everything about it is so clean & the interface makes it easy to navigate. I do have some issues with the software of it, I’m not sure if they’re glitches or not but I hope they can be fixed in the future. The first bug I’ve seen is when I reopen the app after I change the settings of the text, i.e the size, the red letters, etc. it’s almost as if the app forgets what I set it to and resets. The second thing I’ve found difficult is that it doesn’t always stay at the book/verses I was reading when I leave the app. Again, perhaps a resetting bug that causes the problem. The third is that when I tap on a verse, the options to highlight, bookmark, etc. are not always next to the verse I tapped and it gets a little confusing. And finally, when I want to send verses to people through text, it only has the number of the verse but doesn’t include the book & chapter it came from. It’d be really nice if that was included in the text that I can send to people.
All of that being said, I love the amount devotions offered in this app. It really helps me stay accountable with time in the Word and gives me more motivation to dive deeper into it. Thank you so much for making this app, it’s helped me in many more ways than you could know.
Great Bible App
This is an excellent tool to help me grow in my faith in God! I've been reading through many of the reading plans for over a year and I really enjoy them. I like that the plans are Bible-verse heavy over author-word-heavy. My favorite reading plan was Lent since you knew there was a specific end time of the plan (Easter) vs. the other reading plans end whenever you want...if you miss a day or four, you just read as you want since there's no specific end time.
One thing that I don't like are the images at the end of the plans. I love bible verses on images, however I feel like the images are randomly selected with a verse slapped onto it. The other day, the verse was "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." In my opinion, it would have made sense that the image would be an anchor but instead it was a man performing wood working; doesn't make sense to me. I'll give this App 5 stars when the images are more directly tied to the Bible verses.
Developer Response ,
We're so glad to hear that! We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us about the pictures and will be sure to pass this along to the team. We're grateful that you're a part of our community. -The She Reads Truth Team
Great design update, in need of some tweaks
So happy this app has finally updated to reflect the design of the She Reads Truth app! Very happy with it as my primary Bible app, but still would like to see a few refinements/features:
• Remember my reading view customization preferences. The app doesn’t currently remember if I was last reading in dark mode, or if red quotes were on. If the app quits, it always comes back to light mode with red quotes off.
• Change navigation bar when in dark mode, as well. Currently too bright when reading at night!
• Add view customizations (dark mode, red quotes, font size) to reading in Reading Plans tab. I currently have to read in light mode; would love to be able to read plans in dark mode.
• Add “true black” theme. I do like the color of the current dark mode, but a true black background would look great on OLED phones.
- She Reads Truth, LLC
- 92.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © She Reads Truth LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Daniel $1.99
- Ephesians $1.99
- Colossians $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.