Health Auto Export - JSON+CSV 4+
Export Health & Workout data
- Offers In-App Purchases
View and export data from iPhone on Mac and iPad; Export Workouts and Health data to JSON, CSV and GPX files; enjoy Health widgets
Health Auto Export is a universal app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac that automates health data exports. It securely syncs data over iCloud and doesn't collect or store personal information. The app offers widgets and allows you to export workouts and health data in CSV or JSON format. You can learn more about Health Auto Export at http://healthyapps.dev.
Health Auto Export for Mac is a companion to the iPhone app, which acts as hub for automating health data exports. Auto Sync must be enabled on iPhone to use the Mac application. As a universal app, this purchase includes the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac applications.
Health Auto Export on iPhone automatically exports detailed backups of your Health and Workout data with:
- iCloud Sync makes your data available on Mac and iPad by syncing from iPhone
It's also super easy to manually retrieve data from the Health app, and Workouts in the Activity app, in JSON or CSV format to share using your favorite app extensions.
- You remain 100% in control of your Health data
- Data is synced securely to Mac and iPad over iCloud
- Health Auto Export does not collect or store any of your personal or health information
- Health Auto Export does not include any third-party SDKs, and does not share data with third parties
- The Health app is not available on Mac or iPad but Health Auto Export makes this information available to view on all your devices—even those without the Health app
- Health Auto Export for Mac and iPad requires having the app installed on iPhone
- The Activity Widget lets you see your Activity Ring progress as well as Total Energy Burn, Step Count and recent Heart Rate readings
- The Statistics Widget is configurable with whatever Health metric you’d like; you can select up to 6 metrics on the largest widget size
- The Recent widget will provide up-to-date information on cumulative metrics (e.g. Step Count), or the most recent reading for a sample metric (e.g. Blood Pressure), throughout a given day.
WORKOUTS TO CSV AND GPX FILES:
Export your workouts and see data including:
- Active and total calorie burn
- Heart Rate + Heart Rate recovery
- Step count and swimming stroke count
- Walk/run cadence and swim cadence
- Average and Max Heart Rate
- Distance (running, cycling, swimming, etc)
- Workout Route (running, swimming, cycling, hiking)
HEALTH TO CSV & JSON:
Health Auto Export allows you to export Health data with the following time summaries:
Get more information on at http://healthyapps.dev.
New in version 2.1.4:
- Requires Health Auto Export 7.0 update on companion app
- Improves cross-device sync
Ratings and Reviews
Decent overall but I have some questions
Update - the developer is extremely responsive and will listen to your suggestions for future features. The app as it stands does its job well, but is missing a couple features. I look forward to the upcoming updates. If you are trying to track your apple health and wellness markers and diet in a spreadsheet, this app will make your life a lot easier.
Overall it does help with my goals of tracking my health data. However, there are some things that apple health tracks that isn’t in this export app (resting energy, rem sleep mins, deep sleep mins, core sleep mins, rem sleep %, deep sleep %, core sleep %, sleep HR, and a couple others). Also, there isn’t an option to make the sleep analysis it does export be stored as minutes instead of hours. Also, there are several nutritional markers that you can export but idk how you input your diet into apple health. Is that through 3rd party apps that write data into apple health or is there an apple health diet tracker?
UPDATE: Works like a charm
Updated review: App works exactly as described, it exports any data points from your iOS Health App into a data-processor friendly csv file that you can use however you like. As a bonus the files from bulk export are perfectly clean and ready for processing, no need to spend an hour cleaning up data. User friendly and intuitive interface.
This is an updated review & rating because the app was crashing until I updated to the latest iOS. If you have any issues developer is extremely helpful and quick to reply to any questions. Don’t usually leave app reviews but the developer was super quick to help me with my issue and the app works perfectly as described.
PS just read another review on here that says they couldn’t track their health data with this, this app is so you can take the raw data from the iOS health app and use it however you like. There’s a couple of websites that claim to do this for free but you’re really just giving your data away and putting your personal info at risk. This app on the other hand works with specific health app permissions only and saves you so much time while minimising privacy concerns. (People should read the app descriptions before leaving unfair reviews because this thing works like a charm)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful and detailed review 🙏
I do commit to resolving bugs and user issues as quickly as possible, and providing the best possible user experience.
I think your note on privacy is especially important. The app is designed with privacy and security in mind, so you have all the power over what happens to your exports.
I’ll always be a quick email away if you run into any other issues while using the app!
Hands Down the Best Way to Use Your Health Data
I have tried using several apps to export and use my health data, and this one is heads and shoulders above the rest. It is the easiest to use, runs that fastest, and exports everything availible in the Health app. The Health app has become the central hub for all my fitness tracking, vitals data, and all the other QS data I like collecting. Now I can actually use it outside the iPhone app thanks to Health Auto Export. It also powers my ability to explore this data on my Macbook since the latest update. I can't say enough good things about this app. Also, the one time I needed help with the app, the developer was responsive and open to listening about issues and ideas to make the app even better. I really like supporting an indy developer working hard to make something that is user focused and alwasy getting better.
Developer Response ,
Awesome! Glad you’re happy with the apps, and they features they provide!
There’s a lot more to come so stay tuned! 💫
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lybron Sobers
- 5.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Lybron Sobers
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly $0.99
- Premium Lifetime $24.99
- Premium Annually $5.99
- Basic $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.