Export Workouts and Health data to JSON, CSV and GPX files; Sync data from iPhone to Mac and iPad; Automate backups; Automate exports with Shortcuts; enjoy Health widgets
Health Auto Export for Mac is a companion to the iPhone app, which acts as hub for automating health data exports. Auto Sync must be enabled on iPhone or Apple Watch to use the Mac application. As a universal app, this purchase includes the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac applications.
Health Auto Export supports over 100 health data points and more than 70 workout types. Automatically export detailed backups of your Health and Workout data in JSON or CSV format.
Get started with a free trial, then continue with the freebies or upgrade to Premium.
- Quick Export: export multiple metrics and workouts at once
- Health widgets
- Automations with Shortcuts
- Export individual metrics with greater detail, such as Afib heartbeat data as JSON, or Blood Glucose metadata, and more
- Export individual workouts along with heart rate, heart rate recovery, and workout route data
- Automated backups to iCloud Drive
- Automated exports to an API, enabling you to create your own health data database or integrate your data with external services
- Auto Sync makes your health metrics and workouts available on Mac and iPad by syncing from iPhone
- Export synced data from health data from Mac and iPad
- You remain 100% in control of your Health data
- Automated exports are stored securely in iCloud Drive
- Health Auto Export does not collect or store any of your personal or health information
- Health Auto Export does not include any third-party SDKs, and does not share data with third parties
- Enter your own URL where you would like your data to be synced
- This allows you backup data to your own database or integrate with services with a REST API
- Data can be exported as JSON or CSV
- Get detailed backups of your Health and Workouts data as JSON or CSV files in iCloud Drive; backup workout routes as GPX files
- Keep Health Auto Export running in the background and data will be backed up automatically
- See the sync status of your most recent backups in the app
- The Health app is not available on Mac or iPad but Health Auto Export makes this information available on all your devices—even those without the Health app
- Health Auto Export for Mac and iPad requires having the app installed on iPhone
- Configure your own automated workflows using Shortcuts
- Create automations to export multiple metrics at once
- Supports shortcuts for 100+ health metrics and 70+ workout types
- Health widgets on all devices; see your health information iPhone, iPad and Mac
- The Activity Widget lets you see your Activity Ring progress as well as Total Energy Burn, Step Count and recent Heart Rate readings
- The Statistics Widget is configurable with whatever Health metric you’d like; you can select up to 6 metrics on the largest widget size
- The Recent widget will provide up-to-date information on cumulative metrics (e.g. Step Count), or the most recent reading for a sample metric (e.g. Blood Pressure), throughout a given day.
- see your recent activity trends
- customize your dashboard by selecting up to 10 metrics of your choice
WORKOUTS TO CSV AND GPX FILES:
Export your workouts and see data including:
- Active and total calorie burn
- Step count and swimming stroke count
- Walk/run cadence and swim cadence
- Average and Max Heart Rate
- All heart rate data
- Heart rate recovery
- Distance (running, cycling, swimming, etc)
- Workout Route (running, swimming, cycling, hiking)
- Export workout routes as GPX files
Health Auto Export allows you to export Health data with the following time summaries:
See the full list of metrics available at http://healthexportapp.com.
New in version 2.0:
- Lots of goodies in this major update!
- Enjoy freebies on iPhone, or take advantage of more powerful Premium features
- v2.0 for Mac brings tighter integration across iPhone, iPad and Mac
Ratings and Reviews
This app has been helpful to me. It allows me to access the health data from my iPhone and Apple Watch. The instructions could be a bit clearer, but it does what it's supposed to do, and does it well, once you have it on both your iPhone and your Mac.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your honest feedback, it’s much appreciated. I’ll work on making things clearer, and if there were any specific points you’d like me to pay attention to, feel free to get in touch via the support email, and I’d be happy to rectify those issues.
Thanks for taking time leave a review!
UPDATE: Works like a charm
Updated review: App works exactly as described, it exports any data points from your iOS Health App into a data-processor friendly csv file that you can use however you like. As a bonus the files from bulk export are perfectly clean and ready for processing, no need to spend an hour cleaning up data. User friendly and intuitive interface.
This is an updated review & rating because the app was crashing until I updated to the latest iOS. If you have any issues developer is extremely helpful and quick to reply to any questions. Don’t usually leave app reviews but the developer was super quick to help me with my issue and the app works perfectly as described.
PS just read another review on here that says they couldn’t track their health data with this, this app is so you can take the raw data from the iOS health app and use it however you like. There’s a couple of websites that claim to do this for free but you’re really just giving your data away and putting your personal info at risk. This app on the other hand works with specific health app permissions only and saves you so much time while minimising privacy concerns. (People should read the app descriptions before leaving unfair reviews because this thing works like a charm)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful and detailed review 🙏
I do commit to resolving bugs and user issues as quickly as possible, and providing the best possible user experience.
I think your note on privacy is especially important. The app is designed with privacy and security in mind, so you have all the power over what happens to your exports.
I’ll always be a quick email away if you run into any other issues while using the app!
This app must be a scam! How did it get by the folks at Apple to allow this piece of crap to be downloaded? First, this is NO “health” app! If you need something to keep track of your gym workouts, or how long you spent on the lake rowing, maybe this will work for you. But if you’re looking for an app that will actually help you track your HEALTH data, forget this! I wanted something to track my blood pressure, my glucose readings, insulin delivery and oxygen saturation ... you know, details about my health statistics that I could export into readable data. I haven’t even figured out what this thing does? After allowing Apple Health to give permission to this this wad of junk, it crashes every time I wish to view one category of my stored data! That’s before even trying to export it. And there is no menu offering instructions or how to use it, it’s all trial and error, and believe me, it’s chock full of errors. There should be an Apple policy for all these apps making you pay before you try, to provide at least a week’s trial period before discovering the thing doesn’t do what it says and you’re left with a non-functioning rip-off! Good luck to all those people who do not read this WARNING!
Developer Response ,
Sorry that you’re so disappointed with the app.
I think the description quite clearly and repeatedly states the point of the app is primarily to export your data to CSV format.
I’m not sure what you read, or if you read any of it all, to think otherwise.
The statistics feature is very new, released only yesterday, so while they may be quite limited there are enhancements planned to make this part of the app more insightful. The release notes for this version also state as much.
The app is mainly for people who want to export their data, since there is no easy way to do this.
I also have no interest in scamming anyone. You are welcome to contact Apple for a refund. See the link below:
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lybron Sobers
- 2.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lybron Sobers
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Annually $5.99
- Lifetime Premium $11.99
- Premium Monthly $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.