*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Welcome to How It Works, the magazine that explains everything you never knew you wanted to know about the world we live in. Covering science, technology, history, space, transport and the environment, no subject is too big or small for How It Works to explain.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• Global Eye – the latest news, developments and events from the world of science, technology and space
• Amazing images – each issue is loaded with fantastic cutaways, illustrations and photography
• Features – How It Works’ articles explain the most fascinating subjects and topics in an exciting way that everyone can understand
• Brain Dump – get the answers to all your burning 'how and why' questions answered in our reader Q&A section
• How To – your guide to fun experiments and projects to try out at home
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month, 6 months and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £3.99 / $3.99 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.29 / $2.99 / €2.99
6 months £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99
1 year £24.99 / $32.99 / €32.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
No offline reading allowed
Love the magazine but I am boycotting any more purchases until they allow offline reading. Goes immediately to store and can take anywhere from 1 to 5+ mins to load before you can read your purchases. Buy from Future Publishing at your own risk.
No retina support, bad reading experience
This is the first item I ever requested a refund for (the subscription fee). I use Zinio and like that, so when this appeared in the Newsstand, it looked cool, so I got the 6 month subscription. That was a serious mistake. The magazine content is not optimized for the retina display, so the text and graphics are jagged when viewed close up. Next, the tap-to-zoom features don't work properly as on other apps. If you double tap to zoom in, it doesn't intelligently fit the area you are zooming in on to the display. Instead you get an arbitrarily large zoomed area that will only let you see part of what you zoomed in on. Further, there is no article text view mode like you get with Zinio. You have to try to read the articles while zoomed in with jagged text. It is like someone took a low-res screen shot of each page and you're trying to read the magazine while only being able to see small bits of what you are trying to read. Zinio lets you pull up and read an entire article using real text (think ePub) or you can read the article as originally laid out by the publisher.
Stay away from this app until they fix these problems.
It truly scares me that some of these "one star" reviewers are eligible to vote for the next US President! What did you really think this app was for? Since you guys DON'T apparently know and didn't even bother to use your heads, I'll spoil the secret: IT'S A FRONT END FOR A SUBSCRIPTION! A 4 yr old or a monkey could have figured that out for themselves, when apparently most of you could not! The app is free to download so that you can buy the sub.
To all of you MORONS crying "rip off", go to Barnes & Noble, select any magazine and just tell the cashier that you're gonna take it home for free to see if ya like it. Post your results here instead of your reviews. It would waste all of our time a lot less.
See, was that really SOO hard to understand. Do the rest of us a favor and obstain next November? Thxx
- Imagine Publishing
- 66.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 6 Month Subscription $19.99
- 1 Month Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Subscription $32.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.