MICA Mobility for iPhone is part of a cloud-based software solution to totally mobilize your workforce in the field. The app lets you capture loss-related job data, pictures, notes, electronic signatures etc. on-site. Use action items to communicate with field technicians and track progress. The app is backed by a powerful rules engine platform to keep your workflow within SLA guidelines and procedures. The app is integrated with the insurance industry’s leading estimating platform, Xactimate, to eliminate duplicate data entries.
MICA Mitigation Suite includes:
- Built-in IICRC S-500 standards
- Electronic signatures and documents
- Moisture logs
- Picture annotations
- SLA management
- Business process management
- Equipment management
- Custom Pricing and Estimating
Go completely paperless with MICA.
· Added video capture tool to in-app camera.
· Enhanced picture annotation with more tools to edit and annotate photos.
· Cleaned up the picture explorer.
· Changed the ordering logic of Moisture Points.
· Fixed improper display of workflow items.
· Fixed issue with date & time formatting when device time is set as 24-hour format.
· Fixed a issues with Work Authorizations/Forms.
· Enhanced logging for Project Audit Logs.
Other changes to improve overall performance:
· Added support to download app/user configs on login/update user profile.
· Fully redesigned network layer.
· Direct S3 upload/download of media files.
Ratings and Reviews
Loses all data regularly including photos
Mica doesn’t work properly in the field. The sketch function doesn’t work at all. The program regularly loses crucial job data (photos, signed documents, record of drying conditions). The desktop version is better than mobile but still inefficient and prone to losing data. When you contact Nextgear for support it’s a waste of time and they like to blame user error. They “fix” the job and then it errors out on you again. We spent 3 days fixing data in a job and lost it all over again. Nextgear writes the worst software I’ve ever used. We use Xactimate mobile in the field on every job and never experience all of these software issues you get with Nextgear products.
Still a pain
This app for iPhone and iPad still remain two steps backward. Navigation and design is still clunky, like 20th century programming. The only real update, since Nextgear purchased it, is the logo. The logo is nice, by the way. The navigation really blends well with Nextgear’s other suite of archaic functioning software. Their tech support is exceptional, but program design....not so much. Sketching small areas with your finger is an extreme test of patience. I can manually input all of the data, and manually figure the calculations on a spreadsheet, faster than I get through the first 3 sections of MICA. Like other types of mitigation software, they are too concerned with being the all-in-one process controller. If that was needed, then certifications would be a waste of time and money...sort of like using this program.
Absolutely aweful. I have been drying properties for over 20 years. Currently use 19 different programs to facilitate this and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. The amount of data required to complete a project is cumbersome and ridiculous. The system, all versions of it, is clunky and difficult to move through a loss from wet to dry. Data logging should be simple, fast and create easily understood reports. This system achieves neither.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MICA Software LLC.
- 36.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-21, Next Gear Solutions, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.