Xactimate mobile is the first fully realized mobile estimating app. It allows professionals to build an estimate from start to finish from their iOS device, and it works seamlessly with Xactimate’s online and desktop platforms.
*Some features, such as generating reports or downloading price lists, require internet or 4G access.
For customer support, visit the eService center.
• We made XactScope available for Xactimate Professional subscribers.
• We made it possible to download custom price lists in multiple languages.
• The Suggested Items feature now supports contents items.
• We removed SketchCam from Xactimate and replaced it with Sketch AR.
• We updated the Sketch AR icon in the tools menu.
• When capturing images in Sketch AR, the icon will now show the direction the camera was pointed when the image was taken.
• We simplified the Sketch AR workflow by combining the various Wall Opening capture types into a single Openings option in the carousel.
• We added Window Capture to Sketch AR.
• When capturing openings, the measurements will now snap at every inch.
• We added a Ceiling Height capture to Sketch AR +lidar.
• We added an Exterior capture mode to Sketch AR +lidar. This mode allows capturing of exterior surfaces, including doors and windows.
• We made a number of changes to stabilize and improve application performance.
Ratings and Reviews
I Phone 7
Long time xact user but first time cell phone app user. Its pretty good. It is harder to sketch the rooms on the small phone screen with your fingers than on a big computer screen but with practice I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I tried out the report function and photos and it's different than on a computer but it's doable. I think a big phone or a small tablet would make it a bit easier just do things to screen size issues. Going to try to use this more in the field instead of pen and paper.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! We're so glad you like it. We have some updates coming out this month that should make it easier to use sketch on your phone.
Getting better, not there yet
The app has seen some improvements, but it still has issues. I’m glad to see that you can finally find the line items a little easier. The app will randomly crash with no error. You still can’t grab and adjust an offset that’s 1 foot or less. The sketch still jumps around and zooms in at will. Selecting a wall usually goes like this: You select the wall, but get the room...not what you wanted...select again..now you have two things you didn’t want selected..you select a blank area to start over...you actually select what you wanted, but now some interior/exterior bubble popped up in the way...you select a blank area again...now your able to grab the wall and adjust it, but it won’t move...you grab it again, and are finally able to adjust it. If you have no patience, you will become very angry using this app. I think using the Apple Pencil amplifies the annoyances because it slides around too easily, but if you have fat fingers like me, then the pencil is your best option. It’s easier to roll your finger to get more precise measurements, but the Apple Pencil will slide back and forth past your measurement, and force you to use the wheel adjustment. It’s hard to get used to, and even harder to keep using. I can manually sketch, and draw from the office desktop, much faster than fiddling with the app, on site.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback was thoughtful and specific and we really appreciate it. We're making some changes to Sketch that should improve your experience, and we're using your feedback to inform those changes.
Photos need to keep a copy on the tablets photo app.
I never use the photos function in Xact because it does not send a copy to the tablets photo app. As a result, if something happens to the esx file whether on the tablet or in transit in the cloud, there are no copies of the photos. I do not want to go back out to get photos I’ve already taken. Plus, if that were to happen, the risk is not in the same condition as it was at the time of my original inspection. There are so many reasons that would not be advantageous.
If the photos were saved on the tablets photo app I would absolutely use the photo function on the mobile version, as it seems to be really good. Until that day, I’ll stick with my photo app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xactware Solutions, Inc.
- 220.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Xactware Solutions, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.