My Aurora Forecast Pro is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- Tour information so if you're considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you'll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for the latest iPhone and iPad models.
- Pro version is ad-free and includes Apple Watch support!
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., AuroraWatch UK and Aurorasaurus.
Ratings and Reviews
Hopeful of my first big show.
Aurora Pro looks like it will do the job. All I have to do now is hope that the Sun gets hmmm.…. Jiggy? Is that the right word?
With sunspot minimum upon us, I might have to wait a bit.
More info please
Our friend downloaded this app on her phone when we vacationed in Norway. It seemed pretty accurate in alerting when we could see the northern lights. I have heard people say the northern lights have been seen in Montana & Wyoming, so I bought the app. No luck in these parts so far. However, I like checking the app frequently. While much of the info on the app is self explanatory, there are some color codes or items I would like explained as to their indication. I may find I have been assuming wrongly all this time. Also, some of the fonts are very small, unable to allow zooming-in and I can only read them by looking through a magnifying glass. 🌌Still hoping for an alert telling me I can see them in my part of the world 😊
The % chance/probability of seeing the northern lights isn’t accurate. It says i have a 0% chance of see them at my location even though I’m watching them from my yard. The data is good in the other portions of the app. Easy to find what I’m looking for without searching my noaa bookmarks on my phone.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting me know. It would be great if you could open the app, go to the Settings screen and then tap the 'Report problem with app' button at the bottom. That will allow me to investigate the percentage issue.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JRustonApps B.V.
- 148.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.1 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 jRustonApps B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Support the developer $0.99