Turn your iPhone or iPad into the wireless flash drive for your Mac. Have full access to your Mac files – use your iOS device to stream videos, view photos and documents, from anywhere within your home.
AT A GLANCE
- Stream any video directly from your Mac;
- View photos or documents stored on your Mac;
- Transfer files between your Mac and your iOS device;
- Store anything on your iOS device and take it with you on the go;
- Mount your iOS device as drive on your Mac or Windows machine using WebDAV;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks.
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and Helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 11 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* Allow to reset passcode
* Improve resume video UI
* Fixes for tvOS
* Fixes issue with playback of local files... finally (sorry it took so long to figure out)
* Adds sample files in "Sample Files" folder to showcase app functionality
* Other UI fixes and improvements
* Fixes app crash when opening local folder
* Fixes to UI theme
* Ability to create folders (iOS)
* Prevent device from sleeping while using WebDAV (iOS)
* Show automatically Mac computers when connected to WiFi, and local files when on cellular (iOS)
* Automatically play next video in the folder on (tvOS)
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.12 or above
Ratings and Reviews
God Bless You!
You can’t imagine what this means to me! I do design work but was disabled a few years ago and can no longer sit at a desktop computer without severe pain. Even laptops are a pain because I still have to sit up a bit. Now I can use my iPad Pro to do most or all of the work required, and be able to grab files as needed and store the projects back on my desktop with perfect ease. I can minimise the amount of time sitting up at my desktop workstation.
So THANK YOU SO MUCH for this app!! It set up easily, the price was very affordable, it performs beautifully and you have allowed me to work so much more comfortably.
<3 <3 <3
I love this. AND the recently added auto play next video feature is EXTREMELY convenient. I wrote a positive review last year, but the app has gotten much better since then. I have a cloud drive and the app for it is straight TRASH and Plex is too slow, cumbersome, and makes my laptop nearly overheat every time I have used it. There’s nothing out there like this app. Hopefully you will continue to improve this app and add lots more features. Thumbnails, shuffle, and audio/subtitle options would be good additions, but the app is still great as it is now. Keep up the good work!
Foundational App for Mac Ecosystem
Why does everyone not REQUIRE this app if they have more than one Apple device? It is the connecting thread that makes MAC an eco-system and not so many stand-alone islands of information. After a month of flawless use, the app failed to connect. Within minutes of a distress support email to Evgeny, a firewall issue at my end was found as the culprit, fixed and all back to flawless performance. I have recommended Remote Drive to family, friends and coworkers.
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 57.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Cherpak Evgeny
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.