The fastest way to learn any text. Progressively hides words until all are gone!
Wanna learn scripts, lyrics, poems, texts, speeches, scriptures, movie or stage lines by heart, in no time? Memy lets you learn texts by heart ultra fast, by gradually hiding words or lines.
Read the text aloud a few times, and then hit the "hide" button: a few random words will be blanked out. Your challenge is then to read aloud again, trying to remember the words that are hidden. If you can't, display more words again. But as soon as you can comfortably read the text, without any hesitation, hide more words to increase the difficulty and challenge your brain even more. Once no word is visible, you will know the text by heart!
Since your brain only has to learn a few words at a time and the difficulty increases gradually, you'll be able to learn entire texts by focusing a few minutes -a task that might have taken you hours without this technique.
• Learn line by line: want to avoid memory lapses? Premium users can use the advanced learning method to learn texts line by line. Just tap "method".
• Actors & comedians: focus on your own lines only: other lines will be ignored (check the video tutorial inside the app to learn more)
• Import PDF, TXT, RTF or HTML files.
• Have your text auto-scroll: click the play button, and click again to stop. Adjust the speed using the control buttons.
• Long press on the text, and all the words will temporarily reappear while you hold your finger on the screen.
• Long press on the "unhide" button to reset the text.
Are you ready to improve your memory and learn dozens of texts by heart?
Feel free to send your questions, suggestions or feature requests via the app! I will answer as soon as I can.
Memy Premium is available as a one-time purchase or as a monthly or yearly auto-renewable subscription.
- The subscription auto-renews at the end of each term.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
• With the "first letter visible", I was able to revert back to using underlining (which looks much better) but while still getting rid of the bug where some words' underline are split into several lines instead of one. Thank you Luis!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for Memorizing!
Although it was a little pricey, I am so glad I bought a lifetime subscription to this app! It helped me memorize a poem for my school's recitation contest and I got second place! Plus, it only took me one night to memorize the whole thing. I am so thankful the techniques on this app work for me. I am currently studying for a Shakespeare sonnet and monologue competition. It's going great. I definitely recommend this app for anyone who needs to memorize things regularly. It's a great investment!
I’m over the moon! It works!
I have a hard time memorizing anything, so I gave this a test with a Philip Larkin poem, This Be The Verse, and in 5 minutes I could recite it from memory. 🤯😱🤪🤩 This is the most useful app I’ve encountered so I immediately bought a lifetime from Premium, for $40, This is a gift to myself that will definitely enhance my enjoyment of poetry any song lyrics. Thank you to the developer, this is a great app! 🙌🙌🙌
More limited than I expected
I was satisfied with the basic functionality—until I realized that the one text I’d put in was the only one I was going to be allowed on the free version. Are you kidding me? Now when I try to add, I only get the prompt for the pricey premium version. I even deleted the tutorial, assuming that without it, I could at least have two texts to work with (besides preloaded poem.) Nope. I tried deleting and replacing my one text. That worked but still leaves me disappointed. By the way, I think a limit of, say, five texts is fair for a free version.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write review, and sorry about the frustration. It’s hard to find the right balance: give enough to users to use the app for free forever, but also give them a reason to upgrade and support the development.
However, I think you are right and I am gonna reconsider the number of free texts, especially now that I am slowly adding more features that create more reasons to upgrade. Could you get in touch with me via the app to discuss that? :))
Thanks a lot,
- Kevin Quisquater
- 28.3 MB
Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Kevin Quisquater
- In-App Purchases
- Memy Premium Yearly $29.99
- Memy Premium Lifetime $9.99
- Memy Premium Lifetime $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.