Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your dual-camera iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import existing portrait photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for iPad Pro, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Taking portrait photos is not possible on devices that lack dual cameras. It is therefore recommended that Focos is used on devices with dual cameras.
All sample photos in screenshots and video previews were shot on an iPhone 7 Plus.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- The device temperature has been reduced while taking photos.
- Interface freezing on startup has been fixed.
- HDR filter & Structure filter issues has been fixed.
- Fixed the issue while the color is over-saturated on Over saturation of colors in front bokeh has been fixed.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Added support for iOS13.
- Glad to inform that Sergei Sarakhanov has authorized use of his photo taken by Focos for the screenshot on App Store.
A new major version is being worked upon which allows you to edit all pictures & not only the portrait ones. At the same time this app will run on all iPhones & iPads. This version will be released by end of Summer. Please do inform everyone about this forthcoming release, especially those who use a single-camera iPhone.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
The most amazing photo editing app you’ve ever seen
Once you learn the basics, this app will completely blow your mind. It’s not an app for the casual user. It’s an app for the photo enthusiast who wants to win the photo contest every time. The possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to your 3D/portrait photos. Literally add new lighting sources (like a light bulb) to your photos as if they were there when the photo was taken, even allowing photos taken in the dark to spring to life with light and color; squeeze in blurring or glowing effects behind your photo subject that simulate motion or weather; heck, add in a completely different background. Once you’ve figured it all out, it’s up to YOU to just set the scene. This app along with the Hallide Camera App will make you feel like a photographer extraordinaire! Can’t say enough good things about it.
My ONLY wish is that it allowed you to save photos with the depth map still embedded. Since Focos only really lets you change lighting and staging aspects (and not actually alter the photo) I would think this should be possible. But these guys are such geniuses with what they’ve done here, it must be something I’m not thinking about that makes this feature untenable.
Developer Response ,
Next version will bring the history function which can save the modified depth map for further editing. Thank you.
THIS APP IS INSANE!! (In a good way)
I have the iPhone XR and I’m using the free version of the app. I recently purchased Halide for $6.99 and just the free version is probably 10 times better. There are so many features that I wasn’t expecting, like the fact that you can make the photo stage light (black portrait) or change the intensity of the bokeh on portraits. The different options for editing portraits are extremely detailed and customizable. And on top of everything, the user interface is great with lots of haptic feedback and instructions. This is truly a 2019 optimized app and you have nothing to lose by downloading the free version. The only thing that Halide has that is better than this app is that the portraits are saved as 2018-edition portraits with adjustable bokeh (on Halide) whereas here they are saved as 2016 iPhone 7 edition portraits. But this is made up for in post focus (also bokeh-adjustable) which is saved as a Live Photo. Keep the updates going!
Update: I noticed you (the developers) added the export of the photos as portraits, but I do t see them (maybe because I don’t have dual-lenses). If that worked flawlessly that would be great!
Developer Response ,
Rarely do I leave reviews but...
Ok I usually don’t do this but I have to at this point. I’ve been taking/editing photos for a long time now. Over the years I’ve gained a laundry list of editing apps both paid and free. But of all the apps I’ve accumulated, Focos is by far the best. I started out just using the free version which has quite a few features itself but quickly realized that this developer knows what they’re doing and opted for a lifetime subscription. It’s obvious that the dev understands photography and how to make an awesome app. In many modes it creates a 3D map of your photo, allowing you to make edits to multiple separate layers individually. Along with these practical editing options is also a highly effective and well designed app that knows how to execute the operations you give it. I cannot express how impressive this app is. All I can say is this: I can cancel my subscription to Adobe now.
Developer Response ,
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 55.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $11.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.