• Log what you eat with a clean, beautiful interface
• Track your progress with customizable goals for calories, macros (protein, fat, carbohydrates), cholesterol, fiber, sugars, water, alcohol, and caffeine
• Log rich nutritional data (including calories, macros, vitamins, minerals, and more) to the Health app
• Log food and check on your goals with Siri and Siri Shortcuts
• A food database with hundreds of thousands of food items with rich nutritional data from trustworthy sources
• Find your food fast with an as-you-type search interface
• Scan nutrition labels to quickly log accurate data for packaged foods
• Leave the food scale at home and instead record the accuracy of your recordings
• Track intermittent fasts automatically
• Use Active Energy data from the Health app (i.e. the Move ring on the Apple Watch) to automatically adjust your calorie goal
• See the breakdown of your day in terms or which meals and foods had the most impact
• Save time using Smart Suggestions, which recommends foods to log based on your food habits
• iPad support
• Dark mode
• Sync your data to multiple devices securely with iCloud
Upgrade to a FoodNoms Plus subscription ($1.99/month or $16.99/year) for unlimited nutrition goals, more nutrition data, and other exclusive features.
If you choose to purchase a FoodNoms Plus subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the time of purchases. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You may manage or cancel your subscription by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- [NEW] Ability to generate a diagnostics report for support requests
- [FIX] Fixes several bugs related to using active energy to adjust calorie goals
- [FIX] Fixes a crash when searching or scanning a barcode
- [FIX] Fixes an issue where the "Use Active Energy Data" toggle resets when any nutrient Health permission is not granted
- [IMPROVEMENT] Reset the History tab to show Today if the app hasn't been opened in 30 minutes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and Elegant
This app is so beautiful. It matches all the iOS 13 native design which makes it feel right at home on my iOS device. It respects native dark mode which is also a plus. It has built in emailing for user feedback and bug reporting.
I can set my calorie goal, track food intake, sync with HealthKit, sync with iCloud, scan nutrition labels (not just barcodes!!), and even set the times I normally eat my meals. That way when I track a food it auto adds it to the closest meal to that time. You can also add snack times, pre workout/post workout snack times, or remove a meal time altogether.
I didn’t purchase premium but it looks like you can track intermittent fasting which is awesome. You can also have multiple goals with premium and do size estimations and track water and alcohol. I do struggle with size estimation since my meals at work at catered so this might be a reason I go premium. We shall see!
Still have a lot to try since this is only day 1 of using the app, but I have to say that I’m impressed right off the bat!
Beautiful design but missing functions and the food database needs work
This app has an absolutely beautiful, native and clean design. There’s no ads or social media junk to clutter up the UI. You have lots of control over setting up your individual goals and the auto intermittent fasting tracking is brilliant. Adding entries to your log is fast and easy but the food database really needs some work. It’s missing basic barcodes for a variety of foods and beverages. Some features are missing like copying foods to different days, creating custom plates/recipes by adding individual ingredients together and net carb macro tracking. Even with these flaws it’s still better than any other iOS food log app out there.
Easy to use with a clever scanner
FoodNoms presents an easy to use way to log meals and macros. It gives you an easy way to set flexible goals where it isn’t just about reaching maximums, but also keeping minimums. Tracking macros? It surfaces them right to the front with a helpful week-long graph view. No other food tracking app makes it this easy to view macros!
Can’t find a food you are eating? Scan the barcode and add it. Can’t find it still? Scan the nutritional label and the fields automatically populate. Such a clever way to add nutritional information. Best yet, it keeps common foods front and center as you use the app more.
- Algebraic Labs, LLC
- 8.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Algebraic Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- FoodNoms Plus Monthly $1.99
- FoodNoms Plus Annual $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.