Filmic Firstlight - Photo App 4+
Modern Photos with Analog Vibe
Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- Offers In-App Purchases
Filmic Firstlight is a revolutionary photo camera from the makers of the class leading Filmic Pro cinema video camera that makes live photography fun and creative.
-- -- -- -- -- --
Rediscover the joy of capturing life’s moments in photographs you will immediately treasure and want to share.
Firstlight combines custom film simulations, adaptive film grain and FiLMiC Pro’s famous live analytics to offer an advanced but approachable front end camera experience like no other.
Fast, easy and intuitive, Firstlight lets you envision and capture your best moments in camera, without having to spend hours editing your photos later. Shoot and share, it’s that easy.
-- -- -- -- -- --
ADVANCED IMAGE CONTROLS
- Fast, intuitive focus and exposure controls: Tap the screen to set focus/exposure, tap again to lock.
- Shutter and ISO Priority Modes: In addition to auto exposure, you can set specific Shutter Speed or ISO values to adhere to and let the app automatically adjust exposure for the unlocked value.
- Cross-swipe manual controls: The most intuitive way to manually adjust focus and exposure. Swipe across the image to dial in your perfect shot. Swipe up and down to adjust exposure. Swipe left and right to adjust focus.
- Reactive analytics: A foundation feature of Filmic Pro and now in a photo app. Manually adjusting your focus and exposure will automatically apply focus peaking or zebra stripes to make sure you get your shot just right.
- RGB Histogram: Dynamically shows the exposure profile of the image across all color channels.
GET THE LOOK YOU WANT
- Vintage film simulations: The magic of Firstlight is in our realistic tributes to authentic film stocks.
- Film grain: Apply natural-looking, dynamically-generated film grain effects to give your photos that ‘film look’.
- Vignette: Apply a subtle dark vignette to your image.
- Lens selector: Quickly switch between all available lenses on your device. Go from tele to ultrawide with the tap of a finger. (Note: camera/lens support is device specific).
PROFESSIONAL CAMERA TOOLS
- Burst mode
- Grid overlays
- Aspect ratios: 4:3, 16:9, 3:2, 1:1, 5:4
- Expanded shadow detail
- DNG, TIFF, JPG or HEIC Selection
- HDR control (This feature is supported by iPhone Xs Max, Xs, Xr and newer)
- Volume button shutter and support for most bluetooth camera shutter remotes
- Configurable burst mode
- Anamorphic adapter support
- Custom Function button
- Custom live analytics
- Configurable Focus and Exposure controls
- Embedded copyright
- Filmic Pro quick launch button (for owners of Filmic Pro)
If you have any questions for the Filmic team either before or after you purchase Firstlight or one of our other apps please feel free to reach out to us at: email@example.com
Terms of Service: https://support.bendingspoons.com/tos.html?app=1482338564
Starting from this version, you'll have the possibility to purchase new bundle options, including Splice and Remini!
Ratings and Reviews
I appreciate the additional control this tool gives over the built in iPhone camera app and its simplicity. However, there are a few important features I feel are missing for which the implementation of would earn my final star:
- The lack of a digital zoom. I’m aware pinch can be difficult as per the implementation of the exposure/focus, but even a rotary style dial would be appreciated.
- The inability to set the shutter speed longer than 1 second. Even the built in camera app can go for longer with night mode.
- No horizontal shooting. It’s annoying that I have to go into my default gallery app to rotate any photos I wished to take horizontally.
The app is great, pretty intuitive. I’ve only been using it for a little while and have yet to use it in a professional setting. It’s a little slow on the trigger tho and so you’re not sure you’ve got the shot until it shows in the camera roll. Definitely use some type of stabilizer until you get use to the way it functions, it’s good that they have a big shutter button. However I do like the familiar feel from using FilMic Pro and it has the desqueeze feature for anamorphic lenses. I love that I can shoot RAW DNG & TIFF files, the histogram is like right there and it doesn’t get into the way. I have an iPhone 11 Pro max so I can change between all 4 lenses pretty easily. Although I’m missing one huge feature, I hope it’s going to be a quick and easy update. Give me the ability to use the DOF MK2 adapter from BeastGrip Pro for stills PLEASE!!! I know you can do this. Cheers!
Interface really needs work.
Nice addition but the interface really lacks. Not a fan of the rounded corners especially since the final photo does not have them nor does your video app. And just like the video app would be nice to have the shutter button top right when shooting landscape, a bit more convenient for one handed use. Also gets annoying that switching lenses takes two taps. So just to see my zoom lens and then go back takes 4 taps! After a while that gets ridiculous. Biggest annoyance is that my iPhone rotation setting reverts my options for exposure and focus gestures. Very bad. That setting should have no effect on a camera app. Settings area could also use a redesign. Independent focus tap would be handy as well since after setting my exposure I cannot refocus without resetting exposure. Can’t quit app without having to swipe up twice. Can’t even swipe to another app on iPhone X.
Developer Response ,
Hi fonehome. For assistance please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be quick to help. Thanks.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- 99.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 FiLMiC Inc
- In-App Purchases
- FirstLight Weekly $1.99
- FirstLight Weekly $19.99
- FirstLight Weekly With FT $0.99
- Weekly Bundle with Free Trial $4.99
- Weekly Bundle with Free Trial $9.99
- Weekly Subscription $1.99
- FirstLight Yearly With FT $9.99
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Yearly Bundle with Free Trial $69.99
- Yearly Super Bundle with FT $99.99