Under My Roof®, available for iPhone, iPad, & Mac, goes beyond keeping track of important information about your home and belongings by also helping you maintain & care for them including: storing important documents, tracking maintenance, repairs, renovations and modifications, helping with moving, estate planning, insurance coverage & claims, and more. Everything is organized and available in one place to help you with your household needs.
Under My Roof is practicable, powerful, easy to use, and private! Syncing across all your devices uses your own private iCloud Account. No risky web backend or account signup required!
Under My Roof is the next generation of our App Store Editors' Choice Mac app, Home Inventory, helping people around the world document their home & belongings since 2005.
• Under My Roof is FREE to download and try with a limit of 10 items.
• Subscribing removes the 10 item limit on all of your Macs, iPads, & iPhones.
• Supports Family Sharing.
• Should you cancel your subscription, you will still be able to view your inventory.
GET RID OF PAPER CLUTTER
• Store photos, receipts, product manuals, warranties, notes, and important documents for your home and belongings
KEEP IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR HOME & BELONGINGS
• Make, model, serial number, purchase price, purchase date, value, and more
• Unlimited custom fields
• Square footage, purchase price, and property assessment history
RENOVATIONS & MODIFICATIONS
• Track parts & supplies, cost, additional value added, photos, receipts & more
MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
• Create maintenance schedules for your home & items
• Keep track of maintenance and repair history
• Track parts & supplies, cost, photos, receipts & more
• Consolidated view of all maintenance tasks
• Flexible enough for any type of collectible
• Multiple ways to value a collection
PROPERTY INSURANCE & CLAIMS MANAGEMENT
• Coverage analysis lets you know if you are under or over-insured
• Handles complex coverage rules and limits found in most personal property insurance policies
• Details about your home and belongings help to make sure you receive a fair and timely settlement
• Keep track of insurance claims and damage details
TRACK DISPOSED ITEMS
• Donated, trashed, recycled, sold, gifted, etc.
MANAGE YOUR MOVE
• Know the location, size, and what's in a moving box
• Document and search moving box contents by barcode
• Automatically add an item by scanning it's UPC/EAN/ISBN barcode
• Create your own barcodes for asset tracking
• Search your inventory by barcode
• Show contents of a moving box by scanning it's barcode
DATA SYNC, PRIVACY, & PROTECTION
• Your data is yours and stored locally on your device and in your personal iCloud account if sync is turned on
• Optional password protection
• Supports Face ID & Touch ID
• Unlimited custom fields, locations, categories, collections, color-coded tags, conditions, heirs, reports, & moving boxes
• Customizable field layouts by category
MULTI CURRENCY SUPPORT
• Set per home
• Automatic currency conversion
• Track original currency
OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES
• Supports unlimited homes
• Share your inventory with others
• Assign heirs for Estate Planning
• Runs natively on the Mac, iPhone, & iPad
• Dependable customer support
IMPORT FROM HOME INVENTORY
• Easily import your Home Inventory data if you choose to move to Under My Roof
• Visit https://binaryformations.com/support/under-my-roof-faq/ for more details on moving from Home Inventory
Contact us at email@example.com for questions, issues, likes and dis-likes. Your feedback helps us make Under My Roof even better!
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
If Under My Roof® meets your needs and you feel inspired to leave a review, rating, or share with others it makes a huge difference to us. Thank You!
Under My Roof is a registered trademark of Binary Formations, LLC
• Added a new settings option that allows you to choose whether you browse your inventory by location, category, collection, condition, heir, or tag when Under My Roof starts up.
• Made the sub-section divider fields stand out a little more.
• Fixed a bug that would result in a transparency (alpha) channel in photos after editing using the built-in photo editor. This could result in making photos that do not need transparency taking up more space in the database than necessary.
• Added a new utility to re-scale existing inventory images to the current maximum size settings and also removes unnecessary image transparency channels from opaque images.
Ratings and Reviews
Great new rewrite of Home Inventory app!
Full disclosure: I have been assisting the developer with beta testing this new version.
Under My Roof is a complete rewrite of this developer's previous app, Home Inventory. They have taken an excellent app and updated it to include great new features, such as 'moving boxes' and being able to use barcodes on those to track what is in the boxes, disposed items, being able to include multiple homes (with different inventories) and a completely new iPhone/iPad app that can run independently of the Mac desktop app. Both will sync the inventory via iCloud, so you can update with your phone and organize things to your hearts desire with the desktop app. This app is totally worth the subscription to keep it updated and fresh new features being added. Not sure? Do the free trial, you will be scanning in barcodes for all the items in your home in no time!
Superb product with timely support
This new and improved version of home inventory is fantastic, well laid out, iCloud supported, 100% import capture from your home inventory database, fully compatible with your IOS devices.
I was beta testing this new product which imported my old home inventory database, and had an issue updating this data when the official Under any Roof app came out. I contacted the developer and they quickly responded with instructions for clearing out the old data and importing my Home Inventory database. This resolved my issue and now I’m 100% up and running with their new app. RIP Home Inventory.
The Home Inventory interface was comfortable and unproblematically dated. The new Under My Roof interface doesn't feel modern; it feels as if it comes from an alternative 2008 timeline. Why is the All Items view, which is my happy place, so clunkily nested? You have to Back-button out of it confusingly to the previous principal view. Why is the animation to switch pills so frustratingly sluggish? Why is the pill button, which I'm sure you'll use most often, quite a way down; but the hamburger button, which you'll rarely use, so conveniently placed at top-left. I kept hitting the hamburger button wanting to change mode. Previously you saw the purchase date for All Items; that’s gone. Yes the sorting is more flexible, but not displaying the sort value (when it’s not Name) is a drawback.
Oh good lord. Reading the reports of slower syncing the more data you enter. Does this still use the monolithic sqlite file with nested binary data?
I do not like this successor app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Binary Formations, LLC
- 9.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Binary Formations, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.