Confidently control your nutrition with custom macro plans, easy food logging, and dynamic weekly adjustments.
Macro tracker that lets you confidently control your nutrition with custom macro plans, easy food logging, and dynamic weekly adjustments.
With custom macro programs, dynamic weekly adjustments to keep you on track, and features that make food logging easy and accurate, MacroFactor gives you all the tools you need to reach your diet goals. Download and start your free 7-day trial to get your custom macro plan, energy expenditure estimate, and food logging access today.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH MACROFACTOR?
• Quickly and easily log what you eat with our large (and accurate) RD-verified database and advanced logging features.
• Create a custom macro program based on your goals, lifestyle, and preferences.
• Set goals and get weekly adjustments based on logged caloric intake, weight change, and our energy expenditure calculation.
• Monitor your energy expenditure and get a rolling estimate of how many calories you’re burning each day.
• Track both macronutrients and micronutrients.
• Connect dozens of health apps (Garmin, smart scales, and more) through our FitBit, Google Fit, and Apple Health integrations.
And so much more!
WHAT MAKES MACROFACTOR BETTER?
MacroFactor was collaboratively built by two sports nutrition and physiology experts and two machine learning and software experts. The result is an app that’s smarter than any other.
• Re-imagined food logging experience to make tracking quick, easy, and accurate: Including barcode scanner, voice and plain text logging, smart history, copy and paste, custom foods and recipes, and more.
• Smart adjustments made based on dynamic calculations – not static estimates – that are “adherence neutral.” Didn’t stick to the plan? No problem. • We’ll keep giving you smart recommendations based on actual logged caloric intake, weight change, and energy expenditure.
• Interactive dashboard with simple navigation and elegant data visualization.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Answer a few questions about your lifestyle, goals, and food preferences.
2. MacroFactor will design a customized program for you.
3. Take a few minutes per day to log your weight and the foods you eat.
4. MacroFactor dynamically calculates your energy expenditure and makes adjustments to your calorie and macro recommendation each week based on how your body is responding.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Quick, easy, and accurate food tracking
• Largest RD-verified food database
• Barcode scanner
• Copy/paste foods and entire days
• Custom foods and recipes
• Smart history that remembers what you eat and when
• “AI describe” that allows you to log via your voice or plain text
• Timeline-style food log that doesn’t lock you in to a certain number of meals
• Metric and imperial options
Create a custom macro program
• Let us design a plan for you, or choose to take full control with Advanced or Manual program styles
• Low-carb, keto, performance, or balanced diet preferences
• Set different calories and macros on training and non-training days
• Set fasting days
Set goals and get dynamic adjustments
• Lose, maintain, or gain weight
• Set target weight and rate at which you’d like to gain or lose
• Get weekly adjustments to your plan based on actual logged caloric intake, weight change, and our energy expenditure calculation – so you can stay on track and course-correct when necessary
Track both macronutrients and micronutrients
• Your custom macro plan includes protein, fat, and carbohydrate targets
• Track micronutrients (vitamins and minerals)
• Track alcohol, caffeine, water, leucine, fiber, omega-3s and 6s, cholesterol, choline, and much more.
• Unique insights and data visualization for weight trends, energy expenditure, habits
• Export your data any time
• Light and dark modes
• Period tracking
• Integrations with FitBit, Google Fit, and Apple Health that unlock integrations with dozens of other health apps (Garmin, smart scales, etc.)
* You can now use a Quick Add shortcut to log macros to the food log without creating a custom food.
* Improved dashboard performance across all device types.
* Renamed Quick Edit Today to Edit Today.
* Aligned data with the correct date on the Scale Weight page.
* Resolved issue that occurred on certain devices when camera permissions were not granted on the barcode page.
* Improved the remaining macros view on the dashboard to create more consistent alignment between columns.
Ratings and Reviews
MacroFactor does everything it’s competitors do (and more), but better.
MacroFactor is what happens when some really smart people take an honest look at their competition, absorb what is useful, discard what isn’t, and add what is uniquely their own. Taking inspiration from apps such as MyFitnessPal, Chronometer, Carbon, and RP Diet, MacroFactor does everything these competitors do (and more), but better.
Whether your goal is to gain, maintain, or lose weight, prepare to feel empowered with a level of dietary precision that you never thought to be possible. Even better, enjoy the flexibility that the app provides in moving towards your goals without being made to feel bad about deviations from the plan, big or small. If weight fluctuations have ever robbed you any peace of mind, MacroFactor’s weight trending feature will restore it.
This app sought to be the best and (for myself at least) it’s accomplished that very thing. I cannot recommend MacroFactor enough. The team behind it is continually looking for ways to make it even better and they are highly responsive. Take control of your diet or general nutrition with MacroFactor, your only regret will be that you didn’t start sooner.
Visually stunning and scientifically superior
As a long time user of MFP, I’m pretty set in my ways on food logging. I use a spreadsheet to track weekly weight and calorie averages, more or less giving me an idea of my expenditure. I was absolutely blown away at how superior this app is to both MFP and my spreadsheet. When I’m doing a super slow bulk to gain muscle over 6 months, it is tricky to stay in that surplus sweet spot. This app has a much more sophisticated (and evidence based) algorithm to keep me where I need to be, looking back further than 7 days (my old spreadsheet) and doing more nuanced trending. And the food logger is super intuitive and fast, avoids many of the silly adherence shaming tactics that other apps use. Like saying I’m “bad” for going over my calories during a bulk 🧐…not with this app. These guys are super smart, can’t wait to see things continue to evolve. Hopefully they don’t get rushed into implementing too many changes and slowly release thoroughly tested updates. I’m sure it will continue to get even better though. Great work!
Not just a tracking app
MacroFactor is a welcome addition to the nutrition app world. While coaching driven tracking apps are not novel, this one takes some pretty unique approaches. Many tracking apps require stringent adherence and don’t work if you go outside the bounds of compliance. That failure can lead some people to give up on their journey or temporarily fall off the band wagon. MacroFactor is different in that it helps you create a healthy lifestyle that leads to long term success and better habits. Even if you miss your planned goals, the algorithm keeps working to provide you with more data to make informed choices. Knowing that failure isn’t even considered allows the user to keep their drive to their goal and, in my opinion, breeds motivation to track consistently. Furthermore, the dev team is responsive in a way that doesn’t even seem possible and the community is supportive and positive. If you’re serious about creating a healthy lifestyle when it comes to nutrition, I would strongly suggest giving MacroFactor a try.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stronger By Science Technologies LLC
- 74 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Stronger By Science Technologies LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $59.99
- Annual Subscription $71.99
- Monthly Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.