Gentler Streak, an exercise and fitness tracking app, helps you steadily improve workout performance by proposing personalized workout/rest balance. App responds to your readiness and suggests daily workout actions that keep you within healthy activity levels. Rest and active recovery days are some of the proposed actions which keep the streak going. Follow the guidance and see your VO2max increase!
APPLE WATCH WORKOUT TRACKER - FREE FOR ALL
The Apple Watch app has all the must-have qualities of the best app tracker and is a unique tool to control fitness on the go! It displays real-time heart rate zones and training's effect while working out, so you can adjust the intensity of the workout to avoid exhaustion or step up if needed.
Apple Watch App Features:
* Go Gentler - personalized suggestions of daily workout actions (rest included) defined in type, duration, and intensity
* Monitor workouts intensity with HR zones
* Know when to stop to avoid overtraining
* Metric Charts - see current elevation, elevation gain, and heart rate charts
* Settings - see the metrics you're generally interested in or set metrics by exercise type
* Tracking 104 activities
* A map, distance, and location for any outdoor workouts
* Media controls
* Display lock for water sports
* Complications: your current fitness condition
HEALTHY WORKOUT ROUTINE
Gentler Streak keeps you within optimal activity levels through a personalized Activity Path. Instead of chasing daily 10.000 steps, Apple Rings, ... you keep the streak going by responding to your readiness: be it a rest, a mild activity, or an intense one.
* Daily Fitness Recap: a before and after-training recap helps comprehend your training's effect. It is your fitness data digested and explained in an actionable manner.
* Activity Path: represents your optimal activity levels. It is your training log for the past ten days, a combination of logged workouts and their effect on your performance.
* Activity Status: a daily alternative to Activity Path focused on now.
* Sneak Peek: plan active days based on today's fitness! Swipe LEFT on the Activity Path and see the predicted position for the upcoming days.
* Yorhart, Gentler Streak character: mirrors your daily readiness.
* Actionable Insights: expert knowledge squeezed into under-1-min reads. Relevant topics shown on Streak.
* Workout Summaries: analyze the details of your workouts.
* Lock Screen & Home Screen Widgets
Features to further motivate and support you in keeping a training habit alive and healthy:
* Training Log: complete workout history in one place
* Progress Charts: stats that give a quick overview of your training compared with other periods and goals
* Workout Summaries: duration, active energy, distance, elevation gain for the chosen period
* Set Status: when sick, injured or taking a break. It removes Activity Path from sight and mind, so you can recover on your terms without feeling guilty.
* Recaps: training month/year presented engagingly with multiple share functions.
SUBSCRIPTION AND TERMS
Download and use Gentler Streak for free. Choose among auto-renewing subscriptions to upgrade to Gentler Streak Premium. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Manage subscription plans and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings > Manage subscriptions after purchase. If offered, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Gentler Streak writes and reads your data from HealthKit. None of it is stored with us; processing happens and stays on your device. Always.
Gentler Streak is not a medical device nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For that, stick to your physician.
Terms of service: https://gentler.app/terms/
Here's a sweet little update before another major release in October. Make sure to stick around!
"Let's Get Personal" Insight
Tony Edwards shares his journey to important lifestyle changes before his body would say no.
Minor tweaks and polishments.
Thank you for being a part of a gentler community.
We would love to hear from you. Reach us at:
sweat * track * chill * repeat
Ratings and Reviews
Gentler Streak’s approach to fitness is carefully crafted for balance. Instead of pushing you to your limits, the app rewards little bits of exercise throughout a day, like dog-walking or daily chores. By suggesting rest days and providing delightfully designed charts and graphics, Gentler Streak showcases a level of care that kindly moves us forward.
Best App for a Healthy Relationship with Exercise
I practice intuitive eating and HAES, which means that I explicitly focus on how movement helps my body rather than on calorie burn etc. This is great, but it also means I gave up my usual super motivating factors to exercise, such as closing my Apple Watch rings. For about a year, I struggled to find a new way to motivate myself that felt in alignment with my values.
Enter gentler streak! This app has been a game changer in helping to motivate me while still listening to what my body needs. It’s really helpful to see fitness mapped out on a line and get a visual reminder that rest, and not overworking yourself, are important! I also really appreciate the recent updates with the suggested workouts (takes the thought of it which my neurodivergent brain loves!) and the option to remove the food equivalents for calorie burn.
My only suggestions would be to have an option to remove calorie counts completely and to “hide” certain articles as they can be somewhat triggering and counterintuitive to someone trying to develop a healthier relationship with their body and movement. All and all though this app is really wonderful with no comparison on the market. I’m excited to see where else the app goes.
Developer Response ,
Gabrielle, hello! First, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on 🧡. Super glad it manages to motivate you and makes it simpler to decide on the workout of the day. Second, sorry to hear about some articles/calories being triggering. Atm, we have our hands full with some great upgrades (that will all contribute to an even more in-tune-with-yourself experience), but if your issue keeps popping up, we will return to this and try to find a way that would work for all (without compromising the whole experience). 🙏
I don’t feel so guilty if I don’t over-achieve
I routinely use Gentler on my watch instead of Apple Fitness. For me, it’s easier and quicker to get this one started and to tell it pause and then stop. I arranged the activities so that the one I use most is at the top of the list, which is very handy.
The other thing is that this app has a much more realistic idea of how often and how much I can go-go-go, and is nice enough to point out that Zone 2 is fat-busting, when I was being hard on myself about not working harder. Very encouraging!
There’s no pressure to do more than I have time or stamina or strength to do. At first, Gentler was very concerned that I needed to slow down. (I actually needed to change my goal.)
There have been weeks when I haven’t gotten very many workout sessions in, and I get a gentle reminder that I needed to be consistent. No guilt trip, though.
The only problem I have is that I keep forgetting to end my session, and two hours later I look down and see that it’s still going. And sometimes my watch needs charging but I still workout and the app doesn’t know it. Would be great if there was a way to take out or edit a workout that appears much longer than it should be, or add one when I didn’t wear my watch.
I didn’t think I would like this so much, but it’s a good motivator for someone like me who is trying to workout to improve physical and mental health, but is not an athlete, and has other things to get done too.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your opinion on this little baby of ours. 🧡 So so happy it is working this well for you! 💪
About editing a workout: this is on our radar, and we will look into it once we are done with bigger upgrades in the works.
Sometime in the future, we will also make it possible for you to enter a workout by hand and determine the effort: in case you forget to track, your watch dies, or the tracking was, for some reason, off.
Thanks again for giving GS a go, and for spreading love. :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gentler Stories d.o.o.
- 82.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Gentler Stories LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Gentler Premium Yearly $24.99
- Gentler Premium Yearly Family $24.99
- Gentler Premium Monthly $7.99
- Gentler Premium Yearly $39.99
- Gentler Premium Yearly Family $49.99
- Gentler Premium Lifetime $69.99
- Gentler Premium Lifetime $139.99
- Gentler Premium Monthly Family $8.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.