Walkmeter is the most advanced application for walkers and hikers ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete... a killer app — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add advanced features.
• Records an unlimited number of workouts — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs - completely configurable.
• View your workouts on a calendar, and by routes and activities.
• View bar and pie charts summarizing all your workouts.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
• Exclude stopped time with automatic stop detection.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Record heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Records steps all day and cadence during workouts.
• Automatically record the weather.
• Supports cycling, running, walking, skating, skiing, and many other activities.
• Keep on track with extremely configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Set up repeating intervals, pyramid intervals, or tempo workouts.
• Hear announcements that keep you in the zone.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Select from more than 120 configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats automatically at time or distance intervals, or on-demand with your earphone remote.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• See your virtual competition on a map and in graphs.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Synchronize your plan with your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
Analyze Online - See abvio.com/explorer
• View the Workout Explorer on your computer or on your iPhone.
• Share by email, Twitter, Facebook, Strava, or MyFitnessPal.
• View within the app on any Info page for a workout.
• View your graph, splits, intervals, zones, and more.
• Select a zone to see your map path drawn with zone colors.
• Post workouts to iOS Health app.
• Use email, Facebook, Twitter, Strava, and MyFitnessPal to share your workouts online.
• Automatically keep family and friends notified of your location and progress.
• Share your workout calendar with your friends and coaches.
• Import by tapping on a GPX, TCX, FIT or KML link or file in Mail or Safari.
• Export detailed CSV, GPX, TCX, FIT or KML files for use in maps, graphs, and social fitness sites.
Apple Watch Enhanced - See abvio.com/applewatch
• Set up, start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch.
• Bring your iPhone with you on your workouts. Does not support standalone use.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones for speed / pace, heart rate, step cadence, cycle cadence, and power.
• Force touch to start, stop, lap, or access settings from any page.
Your Elite subscription contributes to ongoing development and our responsive customer support. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. See abvio.com/terms and abvio.com/privacy.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could use some improvements
I paid for the Elite level of this app for one main reason - to be able to start and stop the timer from my Apple Watch. And of course to be able to glance at the elapsed time while walking. Starting and stopping the app from my watch works about 75% of the time, but there are too many times I have to pull my phone out. I make sure to open the app on my phone before I leave the house, but sometimes it still tells me to open it. Also, sometimes the info doesn’t transfer correctly to the Health and Activity apps.
Otherwise, the app has way more info than I probably need, but I like seeing the distance, time, and map of each walk. So if there was better communication between the watch app and iPhone app I would give it 5 stars.
So, I don’t usually do reviews but since I’ve had such a difficult time with knowing the distance that I walk, I thought I’d share my experience with whoever is reading this.
So, I started power walking the same paths daily. I noticed about a month ago that the faster I would walk the same exact path, it would record less the amount of distance. I was noticing walking about 2 miles that I would get 1.6, 1.85, 2.2 and so on. I kinda didn’t think to much in to it. However on Monday (today is Wednesday) I forgot to turn my walking app until approx .5 mile in and my total distance was 3.08 The following day (Tuesday) I turned it on right as I hopped out of my car. My total distance that day was 2.88 miles, a lot less then mondays distance. So, I downloaded run keeper and today it came out to 3.4miles and proves that this app is not accurate for some reason.
Maybe they need to update it because it should go by gps. Other then that I think the set up of the app is wonderful. It’s easy to use and haven’t had any issues having it run in the background as I play music, get on the internet, or text. Good app, just not accurate and I will be using run keeper from now on.
Wish I could give it 10 stars. With the elite upgrade you can customize this app to do just about anything. Do yourself a favor and upgrade if you haven't done to it yet. If you are serious about losing weight or just getting in better shape, it will be the best $ you've ever spent. I've been using it for walking for several months now and can't imagine walking with out it. Get you a heart rate monitor that syncs with the app and you are all set. This app is done right! Keep up the good work developers and thank you!
P.S. Because it uses the satellite gps data from your iPhone for location, your phone needs a clear view of the sky for Walkmeter to be accurate. As they recommend it works best when the phone is in an armband or a running belt vs in your pocket.
- Abvio Inc.
- 114.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Abvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.