With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
• Ongoing bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Terrible app, this isn’t very functional compared to the United app. I dropped United last year and I am a frequent flyer and now Platnium pro. The WiFi functionality in the air to stream just doesn’t work well in the app. How you have to switch back and forth multiple times going from ur WiFi settings to the app in order to play a video. U should simply be on the WiFi and then be able to select entertainment and be able to select the video all in the app. The upgrade list isn’t well done and isn’t able to be seen in real time except right before boarding. Interactive maps are terrible. Push notifications for boarding, or modifying push notifications to 15 min before boarding so you can leave the Admirals club and make it to your gate on time.
Also it is a pain when ur boarding pass expires when in the air, a big problem when ur flight is delayed. I get better notifications from Kayak about my American Airlines delays and baggage claim then I get out of the American app. It is truly a disappointing app.
The app is great
I read through the reviews and took issue with most of them. People qualify themselves as frequent fliers and then mention that this app is dysfunctional...as an Executive Platinum member (i.e.- I fly), I find this app highly capable.
I find it useful in every way that I need it to be. I’m able to book revenue and award tickets, I’m able to select my seats, and when my upgrade processes I’m able to recheck my seat in the new cabin. I’m able to check-in and I find the app to be very useful in receiving flight updates. My company uses concur, and the moment my flight is reserved in concur it shows up in the app. I’m able to understand if my flight may be impacted based on the app-provided “inbound” flight, and I’m able to live-track my baggage in the event that I check bags.
I’m not sure what people expect from an app, but in reading the reviews it seems that people are hoping that the app somehow will solve all of their travel nightmares, but I’m afraid those are classic weather, mechanical, and customer service issues.
Made whole trip convenient!
This app really made my travel experience easy not just in terms of getting flight and boarding info, but also navigating unfamiliar airports quickly.
I didn’t need to enter any info to have my reservation front and center, and it filtered out legs of my trip that I completed (though they’re still accessible)
The app has a map of each airports on the reservation, with their terminals/gates, and marks where the gate is in the map. You can also get directions if you want to. I had very short layovers and needed to get quickly to my next gate, and this app made figuring out where and how I needed to get there effortless.
In addition it shows nearby airport restaurants and other things by name on the map. Also, when browsing restaurants, it pre-filters them based on where you’re at. It even has their menus, which I appreciated b/c I eat GF and wanted to know ahead of time if it would be a waste of time to eat somewhere. The map loaded fast too, and didn’t chug when I scrolled/zoomed.
The confirmation reminders helped me not forget to do it, and the boarding passes added to passbook in the proper order (small detail but other apps have messed this up or don’t add all boarding passes for a multi-leg trip).
Bottom line - I always felt the most relevant info to me at the time was present, was easy to find, and never slowed me down. Best airline app experience I’ve had. Don’t change anything!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 181.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.