HealthEquity welcomes WageWorks into its family of products! Your EZ Receipts app will continue to work as expected as we make some updates to the look and feel.
The official HealthEquity | WageWorks app for those enrolled in a HealthEquity | WageWorks benefit that pays claims, or those who have a HealthEquity | WageWorks debit card.
This app makes it easy to submit claims for all benefits administered by HealthEquity | WageWorks:
• Health care and dependent care – for quick reimbursement or direct payments to your provider
• Health care card receipts – to verify your card transactions, as required by the IRS
• Commuter and wellness claims – for quick reimbursement
Use this app to submit claims any time:
• Health care and wellness claims – simply take a photo of your receipt with your phone
• Dependent care claims – capture your provider’s signature in the app or submit a photo of your receipt
• Commuter claims – simply take a photo of your receipt (if you have one)
Use this app to submit health care card receipts any time:
• Immediately after you use your health care card
• Later, after HealthEquity | WageWorks asks you to submit a receipt to verify an eligible expense
Other benefits include:
• View your current account balance and other important plan info
• View all claims submitted via the app, online or fax
• View Claims & Activity, all transactions for all programs, just like on our website
• View the Account Statement for available programs, just like on our website
• Update your Profile & Preferences, sign up for detailed emails and texts, just like on our website
• Help on how to submit claims and receipts, and next steps
Minor bug fixes. Feature enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Okay app, but with some major PITA issues
In general this app is okay to use, but it has several major issues/flaws. First, in using the app on my iPad, I have to have a keyboard connected in order to enter the receipt dollar amount, specifically to move past that screen. Without the keyboard and its enter key, I have no way to finish submitting the receipt. The second issue is more sneaky and has to do with the image that the app captures of your receipts. The app make you feel like you are choosing the area of the receipt to submit by moving the sides of a rectangle/trapezoid around on the image, but the chosen area is not what is submitted. What is submitted appears to a cropped version of your original image, and the cropping seems to ALWAYS chop off an important part of the receipt. Why make me feel like I have directing the cropping, but then just upload whatever the app thinks is correct? PRO TIP; if you are having claims denied, look at what image was uploaded. Chances are its a horrible crop of your receipt. I have submitted the same receipt three or four times trying to get the app to upload the whole image. Try taking the photo with lots of room on all sides of the receipt so the auto-cropping chops off the extra room instead of the important parts.
Some good elements but login security is terrible
If you can get past the absolutely absurd password requirements and the very poorly designed authentication features, this app is actually pretty good. I love the upload photo options for receipts and the overall functionaloty of the app. However, the headaches I continually have due to the app logging me out and forcing me to remember a ridiculous password because Face ID stops working is a major flaw. Every time you update the app it logs you out. When that happens I have to reset my password every time because, well the whole point of Face ID is...wait for it...so that you don’t have to remember your password!!! The thing that makes me laugh is that you can’t use any of your last 20 PASSWORDS? 20? That’s insane. So I end up making more and more cryptic passwords and forgetting each one. Anyway, while this review is mostly tongue in cheek, please make sure that your app updates transfer the authentication with them going forward so that Face ID will keep working. Otherwise, the app is mostly good.
Problems, problems, problems...
I won’t ramble about all the issues WageWorks and their app has caused. What I will say is DO NOT open an FSA or HSA if WageWorks administers the plan. More work than it’s worth to get reimbursed. (They want it that way!) WorkTerra used to be my FSA account admin and I miss the ease of use and amazing customer service. Seriously, I don’t save enough on taxes to fight for the $2,000/yr. I had withheld. My time is worth *far* more. Will never use a plan if WageWorks is connected in any way. I’d rather pay a bit more in taxes than spend half my life trying to upload a $6 receipt for an infant med only to be declined because the receipt doesn’t match up with their perky little tip: “What makes a good receipt?” I suppose they should offer an online course called “Beware of Bad Receipts! They May Kill You! They’re Bad!!”
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.