Get flying faster with AvPlan EFB - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan features multiple firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by pilots for pilots, AvPlan EFB integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official FAA airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR and optimum altitude calculation
• Full DUATS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission)
• All US VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET)
• GPS moving map with display data labels
• Touch-to-display TFR status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates which support route editing and more
• FAA Documentation (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Aircraft pilot operating handbook import
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (Including Garmin G1000)
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And much more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan EFB – Plan faster, fly sooner
• Multiple weight and balance profiles for an aircraft. Pro subscribers can create multiple loading profiles for an aircraft type (for example a passenger and cargo configuration). Load stations can have defined types and defaults assigned (including names) for a load station.
• Optional equipment can also be specified to enable complex aircraft configurations to be modelled, easily selected and approved electronic load sheets exported for safety and compliance purposes.
• New load sheet format, including lateral weight and balance if a profile has been defined.
• Weight and balance profiles can be electronically approved by a Weight Control Authority and approved load sheets created by the app. Approved profiles are automatically locked to prevent changes.
• Lateral weight and balance calculations can be performed.
• Multiple pilot profiles can be created (Settings, Pilot Profiles) and selected when you file a flight plan. Pilot profiles will automatically sync across your devices.
• Enroute alternates will be added to an SPFIB briefing request
• HUD is now larger and has bigger fonts. New HUD options (Settings, User Settings, HUD) including one for a light bar for survey operations. See the user manual for details on the new HUD
• KML overlays with lines can be turned into a flight plan. Swipe the row with the overlay (Enroute, Map Settings) to reveal a button to turn it into a flight plan
• New 'Future Rain' forecast overlay (Enroute, Weather Overlays) . Pro users can see areas of anticipated rainfall up to 90 minutes into the future.
• Traffic alerting. Receive visual and audible alerts of potential traffic conflicts via AvPlan Live or an attached ADSB-in receiver. Enable under Settings, User Settings.
• When double tapping on a PRD area, there is a link to take you directly to the ERSA entry for that airspace
• Military CTR is displayed as a CTR and not a TRA, and the active status (Active, De-active, Unknown) is also displayed when double tapping on the airspace
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing all around
This app is amazing even if your not using it to plan flight and you’re using just for the gps. I had filed a plan on 1800wx Brief and was using a paper map to navigate and I got lost. The gps showed me where I was and saved my bacon. Big believer in this app
Mostly great , sometimes tricky to manage.
Last year I tried the trial version of AVPlan as well as Oz Ruways in Australia. I’m a CFII in the US and use ForeFlight extensively there with ADSB in capability . This year I purchased the AVPlan NZ VFR subscription for my flying.
There is a learning curve to all three, but I find AVPlan to require the most practice to gain proficiency. That said, I like the flight plan feature and its flexibility. Using it for VFR flying in NZ has been very helpful. It syncs well with my Airways IFIS and Met briefings.
The AIP document search feature could use a better bookmark naming and organizing function as that is useful when searching unfamiliar regs in a new country. I have also been unable to properly sync with DropBox which contains my library of aviation and aircraft manuals.
I do miss the ability to covert my completed flight log to a logbook entry and produce endorsements, signatures and applications for ratings.
Customer service is excellent and I recommend this program.
An essential cockpit companion
A great app that I have used for 3 years now, with so many features, linking in NAIPS, ERSA and many others. My only problem is that I haven’t used this excellent app to its full potential yet. It is superb and is still developing further.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- 186.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- AvPlan USA VFR 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- AvPlan EFB Premium Bundle - Australia $159.99
- AvPlan NZ VFR 1 year subscription $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.