AIS Radar displays AIS (Automatic Identification System) data received from marine AIS transponders/receivers such as the ExNC 101, Weatherdock easyAIS or Digital Yacht, over a WiFi network. For AIS devices without built-in WiFi support, an external serial-to-WiFi adapter such as the SEAMate1A® Lite, the Brookhouse iMux, the Roving Networks RN-370 or the Digi Connect® Wi-SP can be used. Alternatively, the application can display AIS data received from public internet AIS feeds such as the San Francisco Exploratorium.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you will need to have an AIS transponder or receiver device capable of sending AIS data over a WiFi connection. Please see the Support Website for information regarding supported devices and setup tips.
* Radar PPI-like display of AIS targets with course/heading and speed information.
* Selectable display range.
* Symbols for different targets (vessels with AIS class A and class B transponders, SAR aircraft and navigation aids).
* Computes closest point of approach (CPA) and time to closest point of approach (TCPA) for AIS targets.
* Tap to select targets, double-tap to display detailed information about selected targets.
* Pinch gestures and +/- buttons to change display range.
* Different radar display modes: Heading Up, Course Up and North Up.
* Optionally hide slow moving (or non-moving) targets from Radar view.
* List and detail views for AIS targets, displaying all available information about a target in clear form.
* Viewer for AIS safety-related broadcast messages.
* Supports iPhone and iPad, in portrait or landscape orientation.
* AIS/NMEA data can be received via a TCP connection or UDP.
DISCLAIMER: This application is no replacement for professional marine equipment. Always adhere to the principles of good seamanship and use proper caution and common sense when commanding a ship.
Version 2.3 of AIS Radar can now receive AIS/NMEA data via UDP in addition to TCP. Furthermore, AIS Radar now supports the bigger display of the iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice clean AIS app
Have you considered adding CPA and guard range alarms?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.