The free app provides access to the following:
• CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes
• E/M Code Selection Wizard powered by AMA, CMS '95, and CMS '97 guidelines
E/M codes are the most frequently used codes and arguably the most difficult to assign. The E/M Wizard will help physicians and qualified health care professionals select the right code according to AMA and CMS coding guidelines.
Two premium products are available for purchase and offer great benefit to coders, billers, payers, educators and students, and health care consultants.
Coding and Billing Pack
• The entire CPT code set for 2019
• A Medicare Physician Fee Schedule calculator that can be set to your specific geographic region
• 4,200 clinical examples/vignettes
• 200+ full-color, AMA-created procedural illustrations
• Official coding guidelines from the CPT Editorial Panel
CPT Assistant Archive
• An archive of all CPT® Assistant newsletter articles published from 1990 through 2018
• Links from CPT codes to the most relevant CPT Assistant articles
The CPT QuickRef app and its premium products put all the coding and billing tools that you need in the palm of your hand. Developed by the American Medical Association, this on-the-go reference guide quickly helps you determine the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes to use for accurate billing. (This app provides suggested codes. Final code selection remains the responsibility of the individual user.)
- Added in new support tools to be more responsive to customers
- General Bug Fixes
New in 4.0.0:
- Updated interface for ease of use
- E/M Wizard Tool is now available directly from the home screen
- Many under-the-hood improvements for stability and performance
Ratings and Reviews
What a ripoff!
Recently downloaded this app and loved it so much I paid for the additional upgrade. Less than a week later the app was updated and the package I paid for is now broken down into 2 packages one being $60 the other $40. The extras I previously paid for are gone and the only way to get it back is to pay up again. For me it's no longer worth it...
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I’m unable to access codes after an update to the program. The app is NOT free! It’s expensive to initially purchase and the frequent updates are also expensive! If you don’t pay for the updates, you can’t access the new version OR the version that you previously paid for. Avoid this app at ALL costs!
Developer Response ,
Hi Dr. Jay,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to access codes after updating to the latest version of the app. Please contact our Customer Support team by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800-621-8335 so that we can help you resolve your issue as soon as possible.
We look forward to working with you to solve your issue.
I spoke with the AMA today and was informed that this is a subscription service and therefore you are buying access not content. There is no proration if you purchase later in the year. I thought the AMA was supposed to be on our side.
- American Medical Association
- 16.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © CPT® 2018 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
- In-App Purchases
- CPT E/M Premium Pack $9.99
- CPT E/M All Content 2017 Free
- Coding and Billing Pack 2017 $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.