Welcome to a brand new user interface, providing the best mobile reading experience yet. Quicker, smoother, & more intuitive, download now to try it out free for 30 days!
Each issue offers in-depth features on the biggest movies - both mainstream and arthouse.
You'll find the latest movie news, reviews of all the new releases, star interviews, on-set reports and an extensive home entertainment guide that rates all the new releases in DVD, Blu-ray, videogames, books and soundtracks. If you love movies, then Total Film is your unmissable monthly companion.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
We've improved the initial app loading time and squashed some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Not easy to find on newsstands in US it was always a treat to find a copy. I could be sure of several hours reading pleasure to reward my successful treasure hunt. No longer a chore to find, the digital version is even better than the elusive hard copy. And instead of several hours pleasure I have a weekend of enjoyment. And if that's not enough I haven't killed a tree or accumulated dusty stacks of old newsprint.
Clunky, not optimized for tablet use - avoid
What a disappointing app for a magazine in the business of audio visual entertainment. The Total Film app is nothing more than a high definition PDF that needs to refocus every time the reader changes a page or even moves around on a single page. This app takes no advantage of the opportunities offered by the iPad in the way that dedicated, fully function magazine apps do. Golf Digest, for one, is designed for the iPad and provides videos, teaching visuals that the reader can control, outside links, and the great navigation system found on many dedicated iPad magazine apps including the New Yorker. I'm glad that I bought a single issue rather than the subscription since it is so cumbersome to read on an iPad. Avoid until the magazine wakes up. Separately, how about offering Empire Magazine in the US store as well. Would like to give that one a try.
my favorite magazine
UPDATE: just downloaded the new version optimized for the retina display. WOW. I'm liking this new format!!! the font size can be adjusted now, the pictures look much better!!! haven't had much time to actually read it to test out other new features but so far, I'm happy.
Now, as soon as Newsstand downloads automatically, I'm changing this to 5 stars!!!
I am very happy that my fav magazine is finally on iPad!!! And since I live in the US, this is waaaay cheaper than my old paper subscription!
Only thing, and maybe it's me, but newsstand is not automatically downloading the new issue for me. I get a notification from TF that a new issue is out but I needed to go to the app and download it myself...same as MacLife which I think is the same parent company as TF.
I will change it to 5 stars when it does download like its supposed to, cuz the magazine is just great, no complains. Just tiny technical issue.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Total Film Subscriptions $1.99
- Total Film Subscriptions $16.99
- Total Film Subscriptions $18.99
- Total Film Subscriptions $4.99
- 1 Month Subscription $2.49
- July 2012 $3.99
- 1 Year Subscription $24.99
- November 2011 $3.99
- May 2013 $3.99
- Summer 2012 $3.99