Discover a reliable, real-time and hyper-local forecast that will always warn you about upcoming severe weather. Weather Underground combines data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model to give you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts, at a microclimate level. Discover about current conditions, interactive Nexrad radar, get customizable severe weather alerts and much more. You’ll always be prepared for whatever the weather brings.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Severe weather alerts: set weather alerts for your exact position, so you can always be prepared for an upcoming storm!
• Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Other geographical data: discover our air quality index, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes, various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
• Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
• Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release contains various bug fixes and performance improvements.
As always, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not Nearly as Bad as People Say
Due to the negative reviews, I was scared to update, and didn’t do so until today only because the old version was no longer supported. And I must say that I am a bit confused as to what all the fuss is about. I think this new version is just fine. Sure, there are some little hiccups, such as the daily details and graph not being fully displayed without clicking on “more” and the seemingly more prevalent appearance of ads. But first off, those are very minor things, and second, this is a big change for the app and developing team, so there’s obviously going to be some kinks to work out. And there are some features I LIKE about this app; it appears and behaves a lot cleaner, and I kind of like the design better. But that’s just my personal opinion. And let’s not forget that while the interface is different, the data being reported is still the same. You still get accurate, hyper-local forecasts that are hard to beat, and for free, no less.
I don’t know who these people are writing the negative reviews, or why. Maybe they’re really into weather and used the old app more features more extensively. But I can say as an average person who just wants to see the daily weather, it is still a great app.
Somethings gone terribly amiss.
I’ve been using wunderground as my main weather app for years and it’s been awesome but over the last few months I’ve been having more and more accuracy issues and often finding people using NOAA or even the stock apple weather app are having better results when it comes to forecasts. Considering I don’t need a weather app that tells me what’s going on currently, because I can see, that makes it pretty useless. Then there’s this update they recently made to the app and oh my god it’s awful. There used to be a way to just open the map and select any weather station. Very convenient. Not any more. They’ve shifted the data into a hard to read, visually appealing, but not very informative graph layout. There’s not much to love about the new layout. So instead I’ve made the switch to PredictWind for wind forecasts (stupidly accurate and filled with cool tools)and I’m trying darkskys out as a general weather app. Good luck and don’t bother with whnderground until they go back to being a weather nerds easy playground.
6.4 is Crippleware.
As a longtime user, I must unfortunately concur with criticism of this latest forced upgrade. Simply put, it is commercially-driven crippleware. An example is the daily summaries, which have been replaced by a conspicuous advert: ‘Upgrade now to get 15 days of summaries’ (for $48/year). The existing summary menu is buried at the bottom of the screen where most users won’t find it or recognize it. Hourly forecast graphing is harder to access and far less readable, and even the Wundermap itself, the distinguishing feature of Weather Underground, has been made less useful and visible. (Although, I approve of the improved mapping quality.)
Instead of fixing long-term bugs like disappearing crowd-sourced weather report controls, and cumbersome menus, they have made the app less distinctive, more generic, less functional and more obviously commercial. Within minutes of using the new app, I found a new bug. Woe be the user who selects ‘my location’ (GPS), when searching for the missing Wundermap station functionality. (Make that two new bugs, or one new bug, and one old one.)
As of 6.4, I am looking for a new weather app. Unfortunately, none of the mundane options which these developers are inexplicably trying to emulate come close to what WU offers in terms of granular weather data. If only they would hire competent developers....
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 129.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.