Favor is the easiest way to get anything you want in your city delivered to your door in under an hour.
Favor delivers what you want, when you want it. We’re ready to help with quick delivery from any of your favorite stores.
Whether it’s lunch at the office, dinner at home, or those quick trips you just don’t have time for — your personal assistant (we call them Runners) can deliver it in just a couple taps.
See why Favor is Texas’ favorite delivery app. Download it today!
- Shop for anything from bales of hay (true to our Texas roots) and phone chargers to tacos and coffee
- Browse menus from thousands of local restaurants and stores near you
- Don’t see the store you want? Create a custom Favor in a few taps—just let your Runner know where to go and what to get
TEXAS’ BEST DELIVERY SERVICE
- Part of the H-E-B family and available exclusively in Texas
- Favor delivers from the best local restaurants and stores in over 150 cities across the Lone Star State
DELIVERY FROM YOUR FAVORITE STORES & RESTAURANTS
- Order anything and have it delivered right to you in under an hour
- All your favorite local stores and restaurants are just a tap away
- Order vegan food, Mexican food, Chinese food, Korean food or whatever you’re in the mood for
- Get delivery from anywhere—Circle K, H-E-B, Target, or your favorite restaurant
TRULY PERSONAL SERVICE
- Our Runners are more than delivery drivers—they are personal assistants dedicated to saving you time
- Forgot to ask for ketchup or need a roll of paper towels? Just text your Runner, they’ve got you covered
- Need help? Our Favor Care team is available to assist you throughout your ordering experience
ONLY IN TEXAS
- Favor is available in cities across Texas, including Abilene, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, Baytown, Beaumont, Buda, Brownsville, College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denton, El Paso, Fort Worth, Georgetown, Houston, Killeen, Kyle, Laredo, Longview, Lubbock, Midland, New Braunfels, Odessa, Port Arthur, San Angelo, the Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, San Marcos, Temple, Tyler, and Waco
DELIVERING FROM POPULAR RESTAURANTS
- Order from your favorite restaurants and fast food chains, including Fuddruckers, Burger King, Panda Express, Church’s Chicken, Five Guys, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, California Pizza Kitchen, Chicken Express, Firehouse Subs, Hooters, Hopdoddy, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Mama Fu’s Asian House, P. Terry’s, Pei Wei, Romano’s Macaroni Grill, Urban Bricks Pizza, Velvet Taco, Zoe’s Kitchen and more!
Want to know more? Head over to http://www.favordelivery.com.
• General bug smashing and behind the scenes tune-ups to make the app run a little smoother.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far, so awesome
After the last several times of Grubhub screwing up my orders I decided to try Favor even though it’s ostensibly a little more expensive. (Pro tip: order food from the "$1 delivery" places if you don't want to pay a huge delivery fee. The $0 fee ones are listed there too.) I've used Favor twice and both times it’s been an absolutely seamless experience. Friendly drivers who care about getting it just right and being punctual! Finally! Yes, the ticket total can be a mystery, but it’s not high math. So far my totals haven't been unfair for the items and service I've gotten. And I am in love with the fact that you get a reminder & can actually modify the tip after delivery--not only does it encourage better service, but if your Runner really goes above and beyond, they deserve to be tipped more than your default amount! This makes it so much easier to truly tip according to service instead of wagering some arbitrary figure, and you don't have to mess with extra cash for them or even be there to accept the delivery (I ask for mine to be dropped on the porch so I don't have to stop whatever I’m doing and get the door). Mind, I’m near central Austin and YMMV depending on where you are, but I have been super pleased with my first two Favors and as long as they keep up this level of service I don't think I’ll be using anyone else. 💕
Disgruntled and hungry
If this review were only for the app and its use, I’d give it a higher rating. The problem is the drivers who use the app to place your order have to be competent, sharp and customer service driven. If the driver orders in haste or doesn’t read the order correctly you won’t get what you ordered and it will be a disappointing experience. Or if they don’t care enough to make sure bag of food does flip over you get a box of mush. This has been my history with using Favor over other food delivery apps. My history of receiving incorrect orders, or food delivered that looks like it went through a tumble dryer has happen more often than it should. The drivers every time answer my text and tell me “just call customer service, they’ll refund your money.” Which they do and the driver still gets the tip. So I’d say 30% of my orders placed on Favor have ended with me getting my money back, not getting to eat and more hassle than it was worth. There is no convenience when you expect to have dinner for your family delivered and they leave off your kid’s meal or order you something you can’t eat or you end up having to jump in your car and driving to pick up take-out and eat two hours later than you expected. Favor needs to incentivize drivers to do better or find a way to quality check the drivers and deliveries.
FYRE FEST OF DELIVERY APPS
I’ll be honest and say I was swayed by the savvy commercials Favor has been running as of that. I’ll also admit the only reason I have used this service is because of the 21+ beverage deliveries which is crazy that Uber and others haven’t invested more in. That being said, the whole process and service is god awful. Each order I placed, I waited for at least a half hour for my runner to get my stuff to have them replaced with a different runner and another half hour or more added to the time. The fact that they don’t have a map and actual car tracker like EVERY OTHER service has should raise a flag. When my deliveries finally got to me, each runner either had no clue how to operate a phone camera or they (I say this in the least possible degrading way) should not be anywhere near the customer service industry. Very sketchy people who seemed not all there in the head. From not being able to use a phone camera or other matters, the runners had to manually enter my license info to prove that I was over 21 and both times they entered the wrong info which popped up that my license was expired even though it doesn’t expire until 2026 and (shouldn’t they know how to read a license from the state they live in?) this resulted in them claiming it was expired and I couldn’t get my order. Each time I had to show them the right date and at that point I was beyond over it. I’ll never use this service again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.