Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app but one minor annoyance
Overall, I’m a big fan of this app. I got started with the Couch to 5K app which was perfect. This one is almost as good, though there is one problem. When I am running, sometimes you cannot hear the coach prompting you to alter your pace throughout the work out. I’m not sure why that is but it can be a little bit annoying because you have to check your phone from time to time. I think this happens when the screen is off but the app is still running.
Other than that, it is a great app. Hopefully they can fix this.
Please fix the bugs!
I L-O-V-E-D the couch25K app. Completed it & enjoyed getting healthier. I’m absolutely BAFFLED as to why this follow-up app is so dysfunctional. It constantly notifies me to turn on “background app refresh” in settings when the background app refresh is already on and my phone is fully charged. The whole point is to have a little coach in your ear when you’re running, but it doesn’t give audio cues unless you have the phone open in your hand, and the music doesn’t play properly. I’m guessing the dysfunction is related to the background app refresh” bug, but I’m not a programmer so what do I know? I also really liked the variety of coaches (Zombies & Unicorns!) on the C25K app & would like to see that added as well. I just know I want this app to work as great as C25K did. Dear Active, Please, Please, fix it!!!
I like this app, it is very good at getting you to be a better runner. It’s challenging for someone that does not like to run and wants to start. I know this app is for people begging to run longer distance than a 5k, but more information while running would be good at this point. Tell the time you have left in a section is useful & not just “you are 1/2 way”. Also, how fast your running pace is, would be good so when you are supposed to run faster “tempo run” or “fast run” you know if you are pushing yourself.
- Active Network, LLC
- 102.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Active Network, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.