MP3 Audiobook Player is the easiest and most convenient app for listening to audiobooks in MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, M4B, M4A formats on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
••• The app does not feature any audiobooks, but only plays your own audio files •••
The purpose of this app is to make listening to audiobooks in different formats easy and convenient!
There are lots of websites with all kinds of audiobooks dubbed by professional actors and enthusiasts. Most of such audiobooks are distributed as folders with multiple audiofiles in different formats.
I'm, the author of the app, listen to audiobooks all the time. Therefore, I did my best to make MP3 Audiobook Player a tool that has everything necessary to make this process intuitive and convenient.
• Plays audiobooks in MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, M4B, M4A formats (without DRM protection).
• Adjustable playback quality (0.5x to 3.0x).
• Boost sound ( for audiobooks with low volume )
• The book cover is loaded from an image file in the book’s folder or from an embedded image from an audio file.
• Automatically saves the current playback position for all audiobooks.
• Supports CarPlay and integrations with over 50 other car models from Ford, GM, Mazda, BMW, Jaguar, Landrover and many more
• Jump to any file (can be enabled in settings).
• Supports standard headphone controls.
• Supports Apple Watch.
• Playback control from the Control Center and Block screen.
• A sleep timer with adjustable sleep periods or sleep after the end of the current chapter.
• Possibility to add/remove books through iTunes and from the computer via Wi-Fi
• Support WebDav for adding audiobooks directly from Explorer on PC or from Finder on MacOS
If you enjoy MP3 Audiobook Player, we would be glad if you consider writing a review.
Thanks again for choosing our app! With this release:
● improve Widgets for Home Screen
● various bug fixes and improvements
Enjoying MP3 Audiobook Player? Please consider taking a brief moment to rate us on the App Store!
Want to give us feedback? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have two quibbles and one problem with this app, which is otherwise very good. I like the interface overall - it presents the information I actually want to see, and doesn’t waste most of the screen showing me a pretty picture of the cover. The book list shows a decent number of books at once on my phone, and has a search feature. I also appreciate being able to easily skip by time or chapter.
The quibbles: First, I’d like to have an overall progress indicator, either instead of or as an alternative to the chapter progress indicator on the play screen. Sometimes I need to know how much time is left in the book, and there doesn’t appear to be a good way to tell with the current UI. Second, I’d appreciate an index (similar to the Contacts app) so it’s easy to jump to titles later in the list.
The problem: Loading multiple books using any method other than iTunes file sharing is either painful or broken, and those other methods were a major attraction of the app for me. If you drag&drop multiple .m4b book files via WebDav, the copy operation will crash because the player app moves the files into folders before they’ve finished copying. It seems to work OK for 1 book at a time, but if you want to load 200 at once (or even just several), forget it. This operation is likewise painful using cloud sharing - selecting 1 book at a time is impractical for large numbers of books, and multiples at once has failed in unpredictable ways for me multiple times.
Almost perfect!! Update...
I have been using evermusic for my audiobooks, but do to its glitches (freezing, slow, deleting my bookmarks) ive searched for alternative. This one was only one close that I can add my own mp3 files and bookmarks. Last few updates have made it much better, but Some basic features/simple tweaks would make it perfect:
1. Overal volume control to raise AND lower volume seperate in app, and in smaller incriments. So far ability to raise volume was added (and appreciated!) but only in 2 big jumps, and cant lower at all. More control over this would be great.
2. Easier bookmark access (access bookmarks inside books, instead of scrolling thru every bookmark from every book) and ability to change bookmark timestamp within the bookmark so dont need to keep creating rewinding till at right exact spot
3. Most important-Ability to use BOTH speed changer AND equalizer/volume control at same time, instead of just 1 or the other like it is now.
On a positive note, the improved speed selecter is by far the best ive used, keeps the quality, its smooth, and adjusts by 0.5 incriments instead of 0.25 like others, this is the feature that probably sets this apart from the rest now!
And ability to export books AND bookmarks is another unique feature that is great and recently added. So thankyou for those!
***Just please please consider at least better volume control that can use same time as speed changer and I can finally get rid of my other audio apps!!
Best of the bunch
I’ve tried just about every third party app for uploading and listening to audiobooks, and this is probably the best. It’s got all of the features that you’d expect from an app like this, but one of my favorite additions is
being able to write a note when making a bookmark as that makes going back through them SOOOOO much easier. I’ve never had any issues getting books to load and it hasn’t failed yet at recognizing when multiple files make up a single book.
My only complaint is that quite often after resuming playback after even a very brief pause, the playback will start way before where I pressed pause, sometimes as much as 10+ minutes prior. I’ve tried several things to narrow down the issue, but I can’t reliably reproduce the issue.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleg Brailean
- 55.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BiOM Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.