Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly find to-dos or switch between lists.
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPHONE
Things is tailored to the iPhone with deep system integrations as well. A great example is the Share extension, which allows you to create to-dos with content from other apps, such as a link to a website you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
MADE FOR APPLE WATCH
Things comes with a great app for Apple Watch. Just raise your wrist to glance at your Today list, mark to-dos complete as you go, and dictate new ones on the fly—all synced instantly with your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed, not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac and iPad (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• The small widget now shows more information about your to-dos.
• The medium widget no longer shows list subtitles so that more to-dos can be shown.
• Deadlines is now a visible choice when configuring a widget (before you had to search for it).
• Fixed a bug where too many to-dos were sometimes shown in the small widget.
• Fixed a bug where repeating to-dos could show the wrong deadline date.
• Fixed a bug where the keyboard wasn’t automatically shown after tapping the + button if Things wasn’t already running.
• Canceled to-dos now show strikethrough, as on the Mac.
• Tweaked the icon for Someday items in Quick Find.
• Changed some deadline date formats to be more compact on smaller iPhones and the iPad sidebar.
• Fixed a bug where an incorrect date could be set when using the keyboard shortcut to bump a to-do forward by 1 week.
• Fixed a bug where a Today star could incorrectly show next to a to-do’s When in some situations.
• Fixed some glitches when navigating between notes and checklist fields using the arrow keys on an external keyboard.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a new heading while a logged heading is selected.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting auto-corrections in some scenarios.
New features! Widgets for your Home screen, Scribble support for iPad, new Complications for Apple Watch, integration with Wind Down, and more – available now for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7.
WIDGETS — iPhone & iPad
Things’ beautiful new Widgets live on your Home screen, right next to your app icons, where they can display any list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
SCRIBBLE — iPad & Apple Pencil
You can now scribble on your iPad’s screen and Things will convert your handwriting into text! Use your Apple Pencil to write out a list of to-dos or jot down some notes – just open Things and start scribbling. Scribble in an open space to insert a to-do, or scribble into a field where you would normally type (notes, checklist, etc.).
COMPLICATIONS — Apple Watch
We’ve added two great new complications for this release. The “Today” complication shows your next three to-dos on Infograph Modular or Modular Compact, while the “New To-Do” complication puts a handy + button on your watch face to streamline data entry.
WIND DOWN — iPhone
As bedtime draws near, your iPhone can help you close out the day and make sure you’re ready for tomorrow. You’ll see a shortcut to quickly review tomorrow’s to-dos before you go to sleep, or you can configure other shortcuts to suit your needs. Open your Health app to set this up (in the Sleep settings).
• We’ve improved the way project and to-do notes are synced. (As a result, you can also write much longer notes.)
• The Siri watch face will now show to-dos with upcoming reminders.
• The Apple Watch now runs Shortcuts, so you can control Things from your wrist. Out of milk? One tap is all you need for Things to remind you to pick some up. Create your Things shortcuts in the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
• In the Shortcuts app on iPhone & iPad, you can now select one of your tags in the “Show List” action.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-do’s from anywhere in the app, and organizing items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
The Essential To Do App
Instead of boosting my productivity, my previous task management app had so many customization options that it actually ate away at my time. It became a procrastination tool. I could spend an hour entering dates, setting up filters, and customizing views only to realize at the end of that time that I hadn’t actually gotten anything done. In contrast, Things 3 is wonderfully simple and clarifying. It’s as powerful as my previous app, but it strips out all the distractions and the fussiness, leaving pure, easy-to-access essentials: tagging, scheduling & project organizing. The scheduling feature has been the real game changer for me. The app tracks due dates (if you have them) but—more importantly— you can also add a schedule date for each task. The interface makes it very easy to add, move, & view tasks in the schedule (while keeping due dates fixed). So you can plan your time (and easily rearrange that plan as needed). If you’re a GTD person, you can still use that methodology with Things 3 projects & tags. But I find that I do better by adding the accountability of a scheduled list of things that I want to get done on a particular day or in a particular week. Things 3 helps me organize and manage that schedule better than anything else I’ve found. And it gives me the powerhouse organization tool I need without sucking me down a rabbit hole of customization options.
Dream come True
I am one of those who seldom spare time to write reviews. By the way in the 7+ years I have been an Apple products consumer, this is probably the third time at most I am writing a review for an App.
I have dreamed for an app like this one many years before. I used to scan the App Store to download top rated apps, but I could never find the type of app I was looking for. They just weren’t practical. For instance sometimes you want to write down something that just popped in your head. You don’t want to worry about figuring out then if it’s a reminder or a To-do or just a note. You don’t want to worry about setting it for a specific day and a specific time. You just want to quickly jot it down in your To-dos/ reminder/ notes and be able to easily access it and take care of details later.
I had given up on my hope of finding an app that would solve this type issue. So for the past few years, I had just been relying on the iOS default note app.
I have been using this app now for a few months and it has everything I have ever dreamed of in a To-do/ reminder app. Honestly I am beyond satisfied. I have now found “the piece of resistance of my existence”!!
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 99.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Cultured Code
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.